Didn't get a personalised playlist for Spotify wrapped in 2020 or 2019

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone X

My Question or Issue

In 2016, 2017 and 2018 I got a personalised playlist with the songs I listened to the most each year. This year and last year, all I have gotten are the generic 'wrapped' playlists for the most listened to songs in the country, etc. I have listened to more than enough music to create a playlist, but it comes up with the message "see the songs, artists and podcasts that got us through 2020. Then keep listening on spotify to get your own wrapped next year." I wonder if this has coincided with my single, premium plan changing over to a family plan in 2019, but my other family members all have wrapped playlists. I am trying to access it through the app (most recent update) on an iPhone X. I have also tried accessing it through my laptop. I did all of this last year as well. I always listen in private session and selected not to share data with my friends, however, I listened in private mode constantly in the years where I did get a spotify wrapped playlist. I am at a loss. Is there anyone who can help me figure out why I'm not getting a wrapped playlist?

1 Reply

Hi there @dorianreeves,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you didn't get your personalized top songs playlist in Wrapped this year.

Changing your subscription type does not affect the way data for wrapped is collected.

Private listening is counted towards the data, even though it might cause for it to be incomplete, but shouldn't disqualify it altogether.

If you have your "Product News" Email notifications enabled and received an email only about the general Wrapped experience, without a personalized time count, it means that our system wasn't able to get enough data on your listening habits this year to generate your wrapped experience. We'll also be working on improving Wrapped for next year, so we hope you'll get your personalized data in a years time.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts