Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disappearance of songs on playlist

Disappearance of songs on playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue I have a running playlist with 100s of songs. Today all of a sudden more than half disappeared. I cannot find them anywhere and they are not in deleted or liked. Where are they?

9 Replies

Hey @Kivagirl123 ,

Welcome to the Community!

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Playback > Untick Hide Unplayable Tracks, can you then see them? 

Thanks 🙂

Hey! Thank you for the post.

Kivagirl123

Let's do some trouble shooting okay?

First - Were you the creator of the playlist? if you are only following, the creator can delete music from their playlist.

Second - is the playlist shared? if yes, other people can mess it up.

Third - make sure you are the only one using your account, if you are not sure you can change your password here: https://www.spotify.com/us/password-reset

Hope I could help you 😉

I also noticed this behaviour today on a shared playlist.
But I'm certain no one deleted any songs, and I'm the owner of the playlist.
Also the songs are on my 'Liked songs' list, so they are stile available somehow.
All my playlist that were set to 'Download ON' also got reset to 'Download OFF' all of a sudden. Could there be a global issue somewhere ?

and I noticed it also in 'regular' playlists, not only collaborative ones or the ones that I created. Some songs just disappeared ... Scary ...

I initiated 3 chats and was basically troubleshooting all afternoon. The 3rd person I chatted with finally went to the Specialty Team and the songs that disappeared from my personal playlist were restored. In the end they attributed it to " a glitch" . The songs were " hidden" but only they were technically able to find and restore them.

Thanks

Can someone contact Specialty Team for me, or direct me to them ?

How can I contact Spotify support for this ?

It's not OK to pay for a premium account and have songs disappear like that!

Hi there, Go to  Troubleshooting then "Help" then initiate a chat. Once you are chatting with soeone they can probably help you with the situation without going further. The chat people, if necessary, will diret your problem to the Specialty Team thee only if they are unable to solve it ( as in my case). I'm just thankful I got my playlist back!

@facewindu you can find some more info on how get in touch with the Support here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Suggested posts