Announcements

Do not play artist/song

Highlighted

Re: Do not play artist/song

Hey @bergensk,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue. 

If the issue persists, you can try with another account. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

You can also send us screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Regular

hi @Ver,

I have reinstalled the app on my phone, but still these banned bans keep on popping up in my "next up" queue. Shall I also reinstall on (all) my computers? I resist to believe that spotify bases its algorithm on the client cache.

Kind regards,

Roberto

Highlighted

Hey @bergensk,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm if this occurs when you're using this feature from different devices or just one specific device?

As @Ver mentioned - it would be great if you can try this feature from another account on your device/devices - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Highlighted

Regular

hi @Jeremy,

This happens on different devices: I jump between android / mac / linux players several times every day. In case that the automatically generated "next up" queue is based on the local cache of those clients, it may happen that there are artists which I do not want to listen to.
Another possible reason which is now in my head: if this feature is just specific to some players (Android) and not others (Mac, Linux), then those desktop players may be polluting my play queue with those artists which I have marked as "do not play" on my android device. Does that sound correct? Would a reinstall of those desktop clients solve the problem?

Unfortunately my wife would not accept me to tickle on her cellphone. Not even for spotify debugging 😄

Regards

Highlighted

Hey there again @bergensk,

Thank you for your reply and for your confirmation 🙂

You can perform a clean reinstall on the devices to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Since it's occurs on different devices it would be great if you can create another account to be able to see if the issue occurs so we can make sure there's no account-related issue.

It would also be great if you can try out with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

Let us know how everything goes so we can continue to assist you if you need us. We're happy to help 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS