Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify only scrobble to last.fm if I listen to the whole song?

Solved!

Does Spotify only scrobble to last.fm if I listen to the whole song?

Questions in the title.

I dont know if things have changed. But I remember that I have to listen 50 % of the song to appear in the last.fm page.

So can you tell me if things have changed or do I have to change something?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again @AImXOo0o ! 🙂

Nope, you shouldn't have to do anything extra outside of reconnecting your account. The updated application will save the scrobble to your listening history once enough % of the song has been played.
Have a great day! 😄

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @AImXOo0o and welcome to the Community! 🙂

If you are seeing issues with your scrobbles that is because Last.FM made an update to their Spotify Scrobbler. I saw they sent out an email earlier today requesting you reconnect the account on your settings page>applications.
I was having trouble with it saving scrobbles yesterday, but it's back to normal now after re-syncing.
From what I can see it's still registering as a play for me after 40-50% of the song is played. Spotify counts 30 continuous seconds as a stream, but I believe Last still requires at least 40% of the song to be played.

Hopefully this helps you sort it out! Have a good one! 🙂

Hello @ 

Thanks for the fast answer. I did reconnect last.fm to spotify yesterday, but do I have to turn off the "old" way to scrobble?

Marked as solution

Hi again @AImXOo0o ! 🙂

Nope, you shouldn't have to do anything extra outside of reconnecting your account. The updated application will save the scrobble to your listening history once enough % of the song has been played.
Have a great day! 😄

Suggested posts