Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify use 3G data if I sync my playlists?

Solved!

Does Spotify use 3G data if I sync my playlists?

I'm a free member and I was wondering how much data does Spotify use if you sync your playlists to your phone (i.e. just 1 song)? Like if you sync your playlists to your phone and connect to Spotify through 3G, does it use data? Because I'm not streaming a song or using the radio. Basically I'm asking is if you sync your playlists and songs from Spotify Desktop to Spotify Mobile, will it be like having music in your ipod, but in Spotify? The music in your spotify playlists are already there, does it still use data?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It shouldn't use data, as they are synced over the USB connection.

The app will use a small amount of data to check your subscription, but that's all.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

It shouldn't use data, as they are synced over the USB connection.

The app will use a small amount of data to check your subscription, but that's all.

alright thanks! I just tried this and free members aren't allowed to stream ANY music which means they can't choose songs they want to play or choose playlists they want to play. The only thing allowed is radio. 

I'd suggest having a read through the syncing process here. Syncing over WiFi would be easiest and quickest, but check that FAQ out.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes Spotify app uses 3G data.

It downloads the songs anyway even if you put a playlist as 'available offline'.

One trick is to manually put the app in offline mode to force to use the local songs instead of streaming them. But it's not really convenient to use the app in offline mode.

Verified with a data usage checker. Every synced song played : 4-5 mb download. I did this verification after exceeding my data limit with my carrier 1.5 Go. oÔ Yeah that escalated quickly..

Suggested posts