Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify work with Parrot MKi9200?

Does Spotify work with Parrot MKi9200?

Hi, I have the Parrot MKi9200 and an iPhone 4S. I know that the music on my iPhone works flawlessly, with the remote ect...

I was wondering, if I had Spotify would this work just as flawlessly? I understand that I have to select 'Application Audio' to hear the music from it.

But I was wondering if skipping tracks, pausing and volume would all work from the remote? The same way it works from the offical music app?

Also as for selecting songs, can I control this with the remote as well? And view the tracks on the screen? You see I can't be holding my phone the whole time to select songs and control it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 Replies

In my car kit (wired) there are 2 modes and in one mode I can can use the steering wheel controls but no text display. In the other mode the text display works (song title on car radio) but if I use the steering wheel button it starts to play from the iPod app.

If you look at old postings on this Spotify's attitude is "it is what it is" 

Yes, on ours it automatically connects to whichever iPhone (4s or 4) is in the car and when you open the spotify app it starts playing through the system. Don't need to change any settings :). The buttons and volume etc work on the remote too. You don't need to keep the app in the foreground either - I usually have a sat nav app running at the same time and the instructions will be announced over the music if I've set it to.

Hi!

I have an android phone (ZTE Grand X In) and I am thinking about buying the MKI9200.
Does Android Premium work fine with this device? 
Will I be able to see the track information on the screen of the devices?

I read a lot of information about Parrot connected to an iPhone, but not so many when we talk about Android.

Thanks in advance for helping!

We've just announced a partnership with Parrot, bringing Spotify to Parrot devices: https://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2013/03/01/parrot-device/?no-pcache=1

I hope this helps you out, guys.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Not really - the thread is about the mki9200!

Suggested posts