Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does downloaded “radio” content on watch when it’s refreshed?

Solved!

Does downloaded “radio” content on watch when it’s refreshed?

Plan

Premium

Country

usa 

Device

iPhone SE 2020 watch 3

Operating System

(iOS 15 and 8.4.2 on watch) 

My Question or Issue

I read that the radio mixes refresh on occasion. If you have downloaded an artist radio content to your watch, when Spotify refreshes it will up update on your phone or do you need to redownload it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @irish8377

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You're right, Radio playlists regularly update to stay fresh. In this case, in order to have the latest update on your watch, you'd need to re-download it. 

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

As long as you're online/connect your watch to your phone, the newest playlist state should be synced up for online playback 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @irish8377

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You're right, Radio playlists regularly update to stay fresh. In this case, in order to have the latest update on your watch, you'd need to re-download it. 

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you Eni. Just to confirm, if it’s downloaded to the phone library, it’s still static and needs to be re-downloaded to get the latest “version” of the radio?

Hey @irish8377,

That is correct.

The Radio playlist is automatically generated based on your listening activity and the content it was started from (Artist/ Song/ Album). So you might get different music in the Radio each time you generate the playlist. 

It won't update automatically once you've downloaded it, until the next time it's downloaded.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator

Thanks. What if I just like it? It gets added to the library but is not downloaded. Will that refresh so at least I can leave the line of “Dr. Dre radio” but only download when I need?
Marked as solution

As long as you're online/connect your watch to your phone, the newest playlist state should be synced up for online playback 🙂

VasilModerator

Thanks 

Suggested posts