Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does iPad version require Premium?

Does iPad version require Premium?

Hi there,

I would like to know if it is enough with Spotify Unlimited to listen online to the spotify library, or I do need Spotify premium, as with other mobile devices?

Thanks!

43 Replies

An iPad is a mobile device, and the premium price is to get access to Spotify on a mobile device, surely that is simple enough to understand?

The fact that a laptop is mobile is not anything to do with it. You are not been penalised for having an iPad, the laptop users are just getting a bonus 🙂

Plus those moaning about not being able to afford it... you got an iPad! Bloomin' heck, if money was such an issue, perhaps a 2nd hand laptop or a tablet at half the price would have helped... then you could have put the extra £500 savings to maaaany years of beautiful mobile spotify use 🙂

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have tracks available for offline play on my iPhone, but not on my iPad, with the same spotify account? 

I have a 16gb wi-fi only iPad and don't want to fill it up with the same music I have already made available offline on my iPhone.

Is it possible to turn off "Available Offline" on rhe iPad, without the same applying to the iPhone?

Thanks 

@robotboy10 wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have tracks available for offline play on my iPhone, but not on my iPad, with the same spotify account? 

I have a 16gb wi-fi only iPad and don't want to fill it up with the same music I have already made available offline on my iPhone.

Is it possible to turn off "Available Offline" on rhe iPad, without the same applying to the iPhone?

Thanks 

@robotboy10 Yes, it is possible to have offline tracks on your iPhone, but not on your iPad.

Each device keeps track of offline tracks separately. If you want tracks available offline on all of you devices, you have to manually switch the "available offline" button to "on" for all of the playlists you want available offline. 

If you make certain tracks available offline on your iPhone, they will not become available offline on your iPad, unless you manually switch the "available offline" switch on your playlists.

Same thing goes for the desktop client or any other Spotify app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Like a stroppy little adolecent, your snatching up your toys and making off in a huff, what a tit

Suggested posts