Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does the offline music stream to Chromecast?

Solved!

Does the offline music stream to Chromecast?

When I use my iPad with my 1st gen Chromecast, does it stream the offline content saved on the iPad to the chromecast, or does it stream fresh from Spotify?

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth saving often played music to my iPad to save on bandwidth. I'm thinking it doesn't use the offline content.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. Saved music in your mobile device is not being streamed directly to chromecast so is not like you are transfering your music from your iPad to your chromecast. What is happening is that your mobile device tells chromecast what to play on Spotify, so Chromecast is connecting to Spotify, finds the song and plays it. Your iPad acts like a tv remote.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi. Saved music in your mobile device is not being streamed directly to chromecast so is not like you are transfering your music from your iPad to your chromecast. What is happening is that your mobile device tells chromecast what to play on Spotify, so Chromecast is connecting to Spotify, finds the song and plays it. Your iPad acts like a tv remote.

This is utterly stupid.

Suggested posts