Double Speed Song Bug

Re: Double Speed Song Bug

Ghostdaddah
Regular
I did cancel my subscription I had for many years because of this. Tired of waiting and it was useless and dangerous to fiddle with in the car while driving. Will likely subscribe again if/when fixed.

gmelissa426
This happens to me almost every day when my iPhone connects to the Bluetooth on my Mazda. It happens sporadically too so I can't figure out a workaround. It's very annoying - please help!

Choppyploppy
This issue is happening for me a lot lately, using spotify on iPhone with 3 different Bluetooth devices. Tends to happen every time I shut down one Bluetooth device without pausing and then connecting again and pressing play. Listening to EDM at twice the speed is kinda stressful.
Just posting so the devs can see it's still happening

martin_le_kula

Same thing still occur for me. Connecting my Iphone 6 to my Volvo and when I turn of the car and leave it with my phone and spotify automatically pausing. Then I return after some time and autoconnects and then it's trippy-gonzalez-speed on the sound and panic is made when turning the volume down and trying to press paus and play or switching song. Is there any fix on the way? Seems like this problem has been happening for several years now.

Ghostdaddah
Regular
Hello!

The «fix» for me was to move the entire household over to Apple Music. The double speed song bug has not reoccurred since then.

bunmango
Regular

What version iOS are you running?  the problem seems to have gone away for me on 10.3.3. The problem I had before was with 10.2.1.

edit: never mind, it was a fluke - still happens to me...

SirHaxalot
Regular

First of all, everyone who has this problem, click the Me too button on the first post. Spotify is probably not going to care about an issue that supposedly only affectes 5 people. And don't mark answers that doesn't actually solve the problem as a solution.

Second of all, this is still an active issue for me. I have been able to reliably encounter this by attempting to start a playlist via my cars Spotify integration. Basically the flow is that I have sometimes during the day launched another media app on the phone, which has caused Spotify to not be the current media app (reverting back to Apple Music playing "Läser in..."), so obviously bluetooth playback is out. From this point I should be able to connect the phone by USB and launch Spotify from the cars infotainment system. When doing that, playback should ideally resume, it does display the currently playing song, but it's silent. If I from there navigate to library and select a playlist and start playback, I have reliably encountered the double-speed bug.

If I unlock the phone, open the app, and then start the playlist, it will work every time. Maybe worth noting is that if I navigate to the app while it's playing silently over bluetooth, the song will still show as playing and the playback time will tick up, just no audio.

Spotify 8.4.24.506

iOS 11.0.3

BMW ConnectedDrive

Marketymark
Casual Listener

I have had this issue for ages as well.  I've only noticed it with Apple Carplay.  My fix is to unplug the cord and plug the phone back into the car, but that's not always safe to do.  I will try restarting the song to see if that fixes it by I know that advancing to the next song does not.  

user-removed
Not applicable

This had stopped happening for me for a while, but just happened again. Still using an iPhone 6, but on iOS 11.1.2

Banannaise

I have this issue in about 25% of cases when I connect to my Audi via Lightning to USB. Happens both with my iPhone 6 on iOS 10 and iPhone X on iOS 11.

SUGGESTED POSTS