Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download Error but I still have storage?

Download Error but I still have storage?

I'm a Spotify Premium user and I'm trying to download songs so I can listen offline. I downloaded two songs awhile ago and I have a short playlist (five songs) that I tried to download today and it says I have no storage left. I'm using an iPhone and according to my settings I have 137.8 MB of storage left. Shouldn't that be enough to download five short songs? Thanks to anyone that can help!
2 Replies

Hey Jacckie,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. Typically a compressed audio file (of average song length) runs around 3.5 mb while an uncompressed song/audio file runs around 50 mb, I'm not sure whether the files you are referring to would be compressed or uncompressed, but you may want to check your iPhone storage for anything you could get rid of, restart your phone, and try to download your songs again. If this doesn't work, try assuring you aren't losing your internet connection or have low bandwidth as this can disrupt your downloading of files.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there may be anything else I can help with!

Happy listening

I believe they are talking about online storage not your device storage, what is your music download quality set to, i suggest medium to download more songs offline, but set your streaming quality to high (for mobile data or wifi)

Suggested posts