Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

(iPhone 6

Operating System

(iOS 11)

My Question or Issue

Today Spotify noticed me that I ve reached the arbitrary download limit.

However, if you see the capture attached, it indicate that I ve more available space for downloading.

First of all, you can t take this selfish position and unhear the claims about the unnecesarily top limit of downloaded songs. Second, I demand you verify my particular case above explained.

And finally, nevertheless I will post this point as an idea, you must improve the songs collection. I need to know in which playlist I ve added X song from my library. It can by done by selecting the song from the Song category, or well, in inverse sense, clicking a song from any of my playlist to know if they re repeated in another playlist. All of that with a sort of pop-up displayed when the inquired song is marked. 

Another idea, Spotify must auto-create a playlist with the songs most listened, including the number of times that I ve heard each song. 

86A13769-993E-4AB0-AC12-37D73A1FEF38.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JoacoRacing29,

The limit of downloaded songs on a single device is 3333 🙂

The 10 000 limit is for how many songs a playlist or the Songs folder can have.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @JoacoRacing29, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify wouldn't limit you if you had enough space, which in this case you do. 

You can only download 3333 songs up to 3 devices simultaneously. Once you reach that limit Spotify will show a warning when you try to download more 🙂

You can find more in this FAQ 🙂

Hope it helps! 

Hi,

I m from Argentina and my english is poor. 

I don t have downloaded songs in another device, so I could theorically have 10.000 songs to dowload on my iPhone. However, it s not what it happens because in this moment Spotify doesn t allow me to download more songs. I have only 1 device.

Marked as solution

Hey @JoacoRacing29,

The limit of downloaded songs on a single device is 3333 🙂

The 10 000 limit is for how many songs a playlist or the Songs folder can have.

Hope it helps 🙂

I still don t understand how works the limit of 10,000 songs in one only device. It means that I can t have 10001 songs in my collection, although the difference of 6667 songs were available only for streaming listening in my collection? I couldn t storage one plus song even if my purpuose were for streaming in any playlist? I m from Argentina so I ll try to explain better this way:

Capability of Storage in 1 Device:

Offline songs: 3333

Offline and online together: 10.000?

Hey @JoacoRacing29,

Yes for the offline songs or downloaded songs the limit is 3333 for each and up to 3 devices 🙂

While the 10 000 limit is for songs saved in Songs folder or songs in any of your playlists. So, yeah offline and other songs in one playlist can't be over 10 000.

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts