Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

United States (Spotify Account)

App Store Country

Japan

Device

Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular)

Operating System

iOS 14.7 Developer Beta 1, WatchOS 7.6 Developer Beta 1

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Download to Apple Watch doesn’t appear in the Spotify application on my iPhone. It may be an issue with me having a developer beta version of iOS and WatchOS but I’m just trying to make sure if I can still get it fixed.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

mrmartin19
Casual Listener

Spotify claims for this to work on https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-05-21/enjoy-more-ways-than-ever-to-use-spotify-on-your-apple-watch...

@Spotify, in case you care for customer service please clarify asap when this is available in which market and which SW releases are needed. I have wasted already some time on this looking for what I am doing wrong. However I believe the "wrong" is with yoo.

View solution in original post

Solution!

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. 

We can confirm that this feature is going to be officially implemented. However, it's being slowly rolled out to all users.

We appreciate your comments and would recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss it when it becomes available for you. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers.

NovyModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

36 Replies

Bluetrack

Soon a month ago since the launch of offline listening on Apple Watch and still no access to download music on the Apple Watch with Spotify. 😞 

amatye

Is the offline feature to download songs to an Apple Watch still not available to all Spotify Premium users? I am unable to get this feature to work on my Apple Watch since this feature was announced almost a month ago? Thank you.

grimson
Gig Goer
No it's not. And I've stopped waiting for it. I changed to Apple music. They've got it all now. Spotify is on a downwards spiral.

finn5616
Visitor

What an embarrassing response from Spotify after wasting so many users time searching for why it would not work for them. Spotify reminds me of Evernote a few years ago… not caring about customers and thinking we’re lucky they exist. 

Kzone1986
Casual Listener

I canceled my Apple Music subscription and signed up for Premium for this? All to be scouring through a forum to find out why an advertised feature isn’t available 3 WEEKS after it was stated as available. Do you have any idea how bad an experience this is for a new subscriber? I’ve never, ever, seen a feature take a month to roll out to customers. A few days or maybe a week, ok. But this is a joke. And all the Mods can do is tell us about how these things take time. Lol…Spotify should’ve waited to announce when it was actually ready to implement.

CharlesRoderick
Casual Listener

I just purchased an Apple Watch SE with the understanding that Spotify would allow me to download music for offline use. I have a Premium paid account. “Download to Apple Watch” does not appear as directed, only “Download,” which is to my iPhone. I’m running current versions of the Spotify app for iPhone and Apple Watch. I’m I meant to believe that the advertisement of using this feature had the fine print that Spotify is rolling this out and not all Premium accounts will have the option? That seems very odd and misleading, on behalf of Spotify and Apple. Any way to find a more specific time for when this will be available on my account? 

areyoukidding9
Visitor

I've been a Premium member for a decade. Am investigating switching to Apple Music strictly based on the way this is being handles. Sheesh, get it together.

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

As mentioned above, we can say a specific timeline when this will be rolled out to you specifically. 

We recommend that you follow the steps that's been provided.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Kiwi12
Visitor
  • Really disappointed. My previous Apple Watch screen was broken and I was going for Garmin watch because it can store music from Spotify app, as I was being sick using Apple Music, but just in case I checked whether this function has become available or not in Apple Watch and the answer was Yes from the article. As a result purchased a brand new Apple Watch but now I’m **bleep** up. I want the money back for my new Apple Watch.

Kzone1986
Casual Listener
Wow this post was 2 weeks ago and it’s still not available. How is this company still in business?

Xphereium
Regular

Please don’t announce something like this unless it’s available for all to use.

The article makes it seem like it’s already here.

You’re beta testing with paying customers, not adding new features in that article. 

AlexandreRS
Regular

Facing the same issue here. I need this function active on my watch for yesterday (ASAP). It's really annoying to wait for this 'gradual roll'...

Doc238
Casual Listener

Forgive me if I am missing the “solved” solution here. My iPhone SE 2020 is updated to the latest iOS, my Spotify application is updated to the latest release, and my iWatch 3 Is updated to the latest watchOS. I have restarted both devices. I have logged out of my account and log back in. I have unpaired and then repaired the iWatch. But even after all of that, when I click the three dots on playlists, the option to “download to iWatch” is completely absent/missing. Any help to resolve this ???

Doc238
Casual Listener
Forgive me if I am missing the “solved” solution here. My iPhone SE 2020 is updated to the latest iOS, my Spotify application is updated to the latest release, and my iWatch 3 Is updated to the latest watchOS. I have restarted both devices. I have logged out of my account and log back in. I have unpaired and then repaired the iWatch. But even after all of that, when I click the three dots on playlists, the option to “download to iWatch” is completely absent/missing. Any help to resolve this ???

BluebomberX
Casual Listener

I am also having the same issue except I’m in the US, so theoretically I SHOULD be able to use this feature but it’s completely missing.

Solution!

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. 

We can confirm that this feature is going to be officially implemented. However, it's being slowly rolled out to all users.

We appreciate your comments and would recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss it when it becomes available for you. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers.

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Chiskon
Casual Listener
What type of bullis**t “solution” is this? One month since the update was announced and I still can’t download music on my iWatch that I just bought mainly to listen to music with…maybe time for a new app too.

CharlesRoderick
Casual Listener

I just purchased an Apple Watch SE with the understanding that Spotify would allow me to download music for offline use. I have a Premium paid account. “Download to Apple Watch” does not appear as directed, only “Download,” which is to my iPhone. I’m running current versions of the Spotify app for iPhone and Apple Watch. I’m I meant to believe that the advertisement of using this feature had the fine print that Spotify is rolling this out and not all Premium accounts will have the option? That seems very odd and misleading, on behalf of Spotify and Apple. Any way to find a more specific time for when this will be available on my account? 

shaikhsébastien
Casual Listener

How long is thing going to take? Why does it have to be rolled out slowly? I've been waiting for this feature for years and now I have to wait months for it to be available on my Apple Watch after launch.

Sébastien

Jayfu816

This is not a solution. I too am in the US and do not have this option. This is actually an outage with no ETA, no roadmap, and no customer support whatsoever. In other words a false promise. 

SUGGESTED POSTS