Device

iPhone 11

Apple Watch Series 5 

Operating System

iOS 14.4.2

watchOS 7.3.3

My Question or Issue

Hello, 

Thank you for brining offline listening to the Apple Watch! I have attempted to follow the instructions by clicking the three dots on a playlist on my iPhone to "Download to Apple Watch" however that option does not exist.  I am only able to download to my iPhone.

Is this feature generally available for all users now? I've updated my iPhone/Watch to latest version of Spotify and OS and am a premium subscriber. 

Thank you! 

29 Replies

chrisrosenbaum

Another upvote to express disappointment that a ridiculously overdue premium feature was publicly announced now over a month ago and still no sign of it. I work in product development — if it was not ready for prime time, it should not have been ceremoniously announced to the world. 

terryrmurphy
Regular

Totally agree. Why announce this download to watch feature without having it ready. 
We are informed it is being slowly rolled out, but I haven't seen any benefit from anyone who has benefited from this ‘slow roll out’

terryrmurphy
Regular
Will the joining Beta program provide a solution quicker

Same issue, tried re-downloading the app on both my phone and watch, and still no dots. 

terryrmurphy
Regular

HAVE YOU TRIED THE BETA PROGRAM

Alex

Hey @terryrmurphy,

Thanks for the post!

Joining the Beta program doesn't guarantee that you'll get access to this functionality. It's something already released to users in available markets, however it is being slowly rolled out to all.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Daryltanhb
Visitor

I am from Singapore and the feature is not available here too. Announcing a new feature that no one in the world has it. Then why announce it in the first place. Get it ready before making an announcement for God's sake! 

An1mal
Casual Listener

Still nothing here in Switzerland. What a shame, I bought an Apple Watch for this feature 😞

An1mal
Casual Listener

Still nothing here in Switzerland. Bought an Apple Watch for this feature 😞

terryrmurphy
Regular

I am currently using Premium version 8.6.30.968 on a Family plan and the feature download to Apple Watch still  not visible

I understand that the Spotify premium app download to Apple Watch feature is available, but not currently to all Spotify Premium users, but it is being rolled out to all premium users.  Can you please tell me when this might be available to all users? 1 week? One month? 3 months?. Is it being rolled out on a regional basis? 

Jeremy

Hi there @afav and @terryrmurphy,

Thank you for reaching out in the Community about this.

This feature is still being rolled out. 

We suggest that you always keep your app up to date and that you're running the latest OS version.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

terryrmurphy
Regular
Would it be possible for those interested to join an alpha or beta program, in order to allow them to benefit from Apple Watch playlist downloads During testing rollout

afav
Casual Listener
Thanks for the response Jeremy. Like others have mentioned, the language on the website makes it seem that this feature is currently available for all users. Collectively we've spent hours and have felt frustrated trying to get it to work only to find out it's not fully rolled out. I doubt there would be as much frustration had the status been properly communicated from the get go, so that we did not waste our time.

millertime1159
Visitor

That would have been great to know, that the feature has not been rolled out. Information on your site makes it seem like it is available. As a longtime spotify user, I just purchased an apple watch for the sole purpose of being able to listen to songs on the go without the need for my phone.  I am now forced to switch to apple music to use on my phone, and if this update continues to drag on I will be canceling my subscription. 

frankielc
Casual Listener

To everyone that participated in the topic, please let us know when the feature becomes available to you. Thanks!

frankielc
Casual Listener

Just to give some sort of feedback. So far, still unavailable here. Will ping again next week. 

char2121
It’s been well over a couple weeks at this point. Is there any chance we could get a breakdown on when different regions will be enabled? This has been a feature that I have been looking for for 3 years now.

Jeremy

Hi there @char2121,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand, however we're not able to say when exactly this feature will rollout for you. 

As mentioned before, we suggest that you keep you app and OS up to date.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

XianM
Visitor

Yep, unpaired my watch, repaired it, reset everything but still no download to watch available ☹️
My go to Apple Music then!

C5863BDB-D019-4523-8438-34A4591219EC.png

Alex

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

As @MattSuda, has previously mentioned, these new Apple Watch features are still rolling out to all users.

So keep you apps up-do date so you get the new release as soon as it becomes available in your region.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS