Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded Music Won't Play in Another Country

Solved!

Downloaded Music Won't Play in Another Country

I have a premium US account and am traveling in France/Germany, etc for about a month.  I have played Spotify downloaded music on my phone while in the car in France.  I am still in France and suddenly the music I have downloaded for offline playing won't play any more and all songs downloaded have an exclamation point next to them.  The FAQ says if one is traveling outside one's home country for a while, to change the country in one's profile.  However, Spotify will let me do that only if I specify a new payment source from the country I'm traveling in.  Weird and annoying.  How do I get my downloaded music to play offline again?

Thanks!

Steve 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Please note on Premium, firstly, you never need to change your country as it allows you to go abroad for as long as you like. However, you must connect to some form of internet, be that Wifi or 2/3/4G LTE, everry 30 days to ensure your premium subscription is still active.

So I would suggest going into online mode just for a minute so Spotify can make sure that your subscription is still active, then the songs should play again and you can go back into offline mode for another 30 days.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Please note on Premium, firstly, you never need to change your country as it allows you to go abroad for as long as you like. However, you must connect to some form of internet, be that Wifi or 2/3/4G LTE, everry 30 days to ensure your premium subscription is still active.

So I would suggest going into online mode just for a minute so Spotify can make sure that your subscription is still active, then the songs should play again and you can go back into offline mode for another 30 days.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thank you, AnthonyB!  I was in offline mode.  When I encounted a wireless connection, I returned it to online  mode, then back to offline mode.  Worked like a charm!

Steve

Suggested posts