Downloaded music disappeared... AGAIN.

Downloaded music disappeared... AGAIN.

MAK15
Casual Listener

Seems to happen regularly. I have about 1600 songs downloaded to my phone. probably once every month or two my downloaded playlists disappear. As in I log into the app and it says "Downloading 1 of 1600" and I cannot play anything offline.

This is a pain in the **bleep** because I don't have internet options available in my area above 5mbps so it takes a very long time to redownload my music. What's the deal? How isn't this fixed?

IOS is up to date as of 4/26 1645 PDT

App is up to date as of 4/26 1645 PDT

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Downloaded music disappeared... AGAIN.

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @MAK15

Check out the help article for offline troubleshooting to see if it will help you out:

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/the_basics/listen-offline-troubleshooting/

There are a few possible reasons why your downloads might have been removed:

• You've downloaded music to more than 3 devices.
  • You haven't been online with Spotify at least once in the last 30 days. 
  • You've recently reinstalled the app (doing so automatically removes downloaded tracks from your device). 
  • Your Spotify app needs updating. 
  • Your SD card (if your device has one) has become compromised (dislodged, corrupted, etc.) 
  • The content's no longer available on Spotify.
  • Tracks in some playlists, such as Discover Weekly and other Spotify-curated playlists are updated regularly, meaning tracks might be removed. 

If your tracks won't stay downloaded to your device, we recommend removing all your active offline devices (see "Manage your active offline devices" below), then reinstall the appbefore downloading the tracks again. 

MAK15
Casual Listener
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately none of those apply to my situation. I’ll have to look into removing everything and starting from scratch.

MattSuda
Community Legend

You're welcome! Hopefully whatever is causing the problem will be fixed when you try and start over 

SUGGESTED POSTS