Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

When playing downloaded music, specifically when connected to my Car Thing or car bluetooth, some downloaded music will randomly stop playing after roughly 8-10 seconds, which causes me to have to skip through songs to find ones that work. Very inconvenient and unsafe to do while driving. The only (albiet temporary) solution I have found is to close and reopen the app on my phone which, again, is very inconvenient and unsafe while driving. But this fix is only temporary until it goes back to stopping again. It happens to a majority of my downloaded music (for example, if I have a playlist of 10 downloaded songs, it will do it to roughly 5-7 of them). The songs that don't work also change every time I try to play music.

5 Replies

I have been having the exact same issue and have found no solution to the problem.

Update: it has officially become a problem across all devices, including just simply playing music through my phone. I am unsure of how to proceed in this situation with no response from any kind of Spotify Support team, as being unable to listen to music or podcasts makes paying for Spotify Premium seem a little bit redundant. Pretty disappointed that this is how Spotify treats its users, especially someone who has been paying for a premium version of their service for multiple years. I hope for a reply soon, as if I do not receive one I will probably be switching to a different platform.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that the app is granted all permissions in your phone's app settings. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is an issue for tons of people and all you can say is “try redownloading the app”???? Seriously??? I have the same issue and it’s ridiculous that we’re having to pay $10 a month for a nonfunctional streaming service and the only support you give is a seem to be copy and paste message of the most condescending piece of “help” I’ve ever heard.

Hi there folks,

Quick update!

Could you try the mentioned tweak by @anzhelikas in this thread?

Turn off the option to play songs offline and then turn it back on:
Go to your “liked songs” and under where it says “liked songs” there’s a green arrow - press on it and wait a few seconds. Then press on it again. That will not delete songs it will just make them redownload.

Let us know if this makes a difference.
Many thanks!

@NateF
@abbiemac0319
@gsp101

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts