Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 14.0.1

My Question or Issue

I already read a couple of answers to my issue but none of them helped. I am trying to find a way to fix this problem without reinstalling my application, as I already did this over a month ago. So far, I cleared my cache. I turned offline mode on and off. I changed networks. I reset my phone. I updated my phone. As i said before, I reinstalled the app and then redownloaded everything before. This worked for a short time and now i’m having the same issue. I have around 3200 songs downloaded and it would take a while to redownload them again. Is there any other way I can solve this issue? I really love Spotify and I would hate to let it go because of this. The main reason I got Spotify premium in the first place was to play songs offline, and unfortunately, I cannot even do that anymore. 😞

15 Replies

Re: Downloaded music won’t play offline

Hey there @Razzzii,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you double-check so you followed these exact steps of a clean reinstall. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also - does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Regular

Okay i did a clean reinstall and it works for the most part but there are still a couple of downloaded songs that wont play offline

Hi there @Razzzii,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

Are all the unplayable songs part of a specific playlist or are the random through multiple playlists/albums?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Regular

It was in every playlist.. mainly my downloaded playlist as well. It only plays songs that I have recently listened to with wifi. 
Anyways, I fixed the problem before when i did a clean reinstall but it hasn’t even been a month yet, and i now have the same issue. I can’t keep reinstalling the app and redownloading all 3400 songs. This issue is really making me consider moving to a different music app and this makes me sad because i love spotify. 

Hey there @Razzzii,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Would you mind letting us how much storage space does your device have available?

Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Additionally, let us know if this is only happening on your phone or on a different device too. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Casual Listener
I have found the Playlists by Spotify do not seem to de-load but Playlists created by me or anyone else are de-loaded regularly.

Hi there @Peter1945,

Thanks for your comment on this thread.

Just to confirm, the Spotify-created playlists are being downloaded but can't be played while offline, or they aren't being downloaded at all?

Could you let us know if that happens with any playlist created by Spotify or with some specific ones?

We also recommend taking a look and follow the recommendations in this article.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Casual Listener
Hi,
The Spotify Playlists are downloaded, are not de-downloaded regularly and can be played offline (they have the green arrow icon all the time).
My created playlists are downloaded (green arrow), but regularly de-downloaded and not able to be played offline (no green arrow), resulting in me having to download all my created play lists.

Hey there @Peter1945,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try to download them with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Also - does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS