Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs suddenly stop playing on iPhone only.

Downloaded songs suddenly stop playing on iPhone only.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 15.3.1

My Question or Issue

My downloaded songs will play for maybe 5-10 seconds on my phone then the sound will suddenly cut out. (the music shows that it is still playing but I hear nothing) I have logged out, cleared the cache, hard reset my iPhone & updated the Spotify app on my phone to no avail. The phone still has 73 Gb of space left. I have over 3.5k downloaded songs on my phone so I really don't want to lose them.  ( I am able to play my music via my work computer with no issues) It's just my iPhone that is having these issues. 

Thanks, 

Parris S.

3 Replies

Hey @pvrris, does this happen while you're still online and have an active internet connection? What happens if you switch on the Offline Mode of the app itself as described here?

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I would also like to report that I am experiencing something similar. If I am streaming my music, the music will stop anytime between the first 15-45 seconds. If I tried to play my music offline, it won't actually play.

I do have a premium subscription, and am also on iOS 15.3.1, like OP. I also do not see the App Store report any new updates for Spotify, so I am going to assume that I am on the latest version.

Let me know if my experience was of any help.

Korin

Hey @kidkorin,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to try downloading the content while using another internet connection. Then you can also try streaming the songs. Are there any changes?

If that doesn't make a difference, could you please share with us the following? We'll look into this further.

• The exact Spotify version that is running on your device
  • A video recording of the issue. Just make sure that any sensitive or private info is hidden.
  • Does this happen with a specific playlist or different playlists?

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts