Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded tracks won't sync to iPhone 5S

Downloaded tracks won't sync to iPhone 5S

Hello all you wonderful Spotify-geeks!

I'm in no way new to Spotify, I've just run into a very annoying problem.

Last week I upgraded my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S and the first thing I did was to install the Spotify (I've always had Premium) app like I had it on my beloved iPhone 4. All the music I've found on Spotify (both on my laptop and smartphone) was easy enough to sync to the new phone but I have about 700 hundred songs I've downloaded via mediashare (mainly) and it was no problem syncing them to the old phone, but it won't do it here on the new one. My good friend told me I needed to go through iTunes but I never had to do that with the old phone. Also, it can't be because there's not enough free room as it's a 32 GB. Any ideas what I can do? Also, the downloaded tracks are easily played on my laptop via Spotify there.

Thank you in advance!

x Anne

12 Replies

If you are trying to sync local files from your desktop Spotify to your mobile Spotify, you need to connect your iPhone and computer to the same WiFi network and they should sync over (you need to see your iPhone under "Devices" in the desktop Spotify, otherwise they aren't connected for some reason).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've tried that but my phone doesn't show up in 'Devices' and that's what's confusing me!

Have you tried disabling all firewalls?

Peter

They were turned off, so nope. Not that either.

Now I'm trying to re-install Spotify on my laptop.

And that didn't helped anything whatsoever.

Don't suppose you still have the 4S to test if it connects normally?

Peter

Unfortunately, no. I've already sold it. Any other suggestions?

Try toggling offline mode off an on again inside the mobile app, sometimes it will trigger a connection.

Peter

Turning my phone off and on again after I reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone fixed this problem for me

None of this has helped. Any other suggestions?

Alright, now it's working. I'm at my sister's place and they have top speed WiFi! 🙂

Suggested posts