Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading hour long podcast has taken more than 12 hours and still isn’t done.

Downloading hour long podcast has taken more than 12 hours and still isn’t done.

I have been trying to download podcasts and they are taking soooo long. I am only doing one at a time because of this and it’s still taking 12+ hours. It doesn't matter that I am on WiFi and have full service. I have tried switching back and forth and there is no use. I have already uninstalled the app and reinstalled a few times as well as restarting my phone. Please help!! I need to be able to listen to these while I’m not on WiFi.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 11 pro max)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey there @kylafinger!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out

Just to double-check, do you have the Spotify app open and in focus when you're downloading the podcasts? And do you have trouble when downloading songs?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. We understand that you have tried a reinstall but can you make sure you've followed the steps here that would make sure that all old files are removed from your device.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts