Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 13.4

My Question or Issue

When not connected to WiFi or Cellular Data to listen offline, in the playlist menu my liked songs are downloaded but upon entering the playlist, no songs are visible and the download knob is grey. Spotify also sometimes doesn't load artist profiles or play songs when connected to WiFi or Cellular Data. It also redownloads already downloaded songs which makes no sense.

I have screen recordings of this if needed, the website wouldn't let me upload the .mp4 as it said it was not a valid file type.

I have now gotten a trial subscription to Apple Music and I really don't want to have to change. Please can someone help?

C6101B80-098E-430D-A0FF-9349E95ACEA4.png
2 Replies

If the arrow's gray, please check all of the following:

1. Check your device isn’t in sleep mode.
  2. Make sure there’s enough free space on the device’s memory (we recommend at least 1GB).
  3. Your device must have an active internet connection.
  4. You can only download to a maximum of 5 separate devices. If you download music on a 6th device, downloads are automatically removed from the device that hasn't been used in the longest amount of time.
  5. You can only download a maximum of 10,000 songs per device. If you get an error message that says you’ve reached this limit, try removing some existing downloads.
  6. You need Premium to download music. Check your subscription status on your account page, under Your plan.
  7. Make sure your account's been online at least once within the last 30 days. 
  8. Podcasts and albums aren’t available to download on desktop.

For more info, you can see this page.

Hope this helps!

All of that is good though.

Suggested posts