Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Empty nested folders in iOS won't delete

Empty nested folders in iOS won't delete

Description

I have a folder in the iOS version of Spotify that I can't delete and which doesn't show up in the desktop version.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. The playlists on the iOS version recently became jumbled: tracks were moved into folders, and those folders were moved into other folders. They were fine on the desktop client.

2. In a bid to fix it I deleted all of my playlists using the desktop client.

3. Now I have one folder on the iOS version called SpotON Radio, within which there's another folder called SpotON Radio, within which there's on called Sleigh Bells, within which... you get the idea.  There are no tracks in any of them.

4. If I try to delete the top-level folder, the app crashes.

5. I've tried clearing my Safari history and cookies, and reinstalling the app.

[6. EDIT: I tried to delete the rogue folders using my iPad, and now both apps are crashing after a couple of seconds.]

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4S

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No.

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

None, on the desktop version. (Not anymore: I deleted them in an attempt to fix the problem.)

My mobile Spotify version

My username

fitzmac

10 Replies

I have almost exactly the same problem which only happened after the latest iOS updates. Only difference is that my folder is called iTunes and contains successive empty iTunes folders. Any attempts to delete the folders causes the app to crash. The same folders appear in Android app but not on my desktop client.

exactly the same issue as above.......all the folders and nested folders were jumbled. I took ALL my playlists out of folders on my desktop version and deleted ALL folders from the Desktop version. Now I am left with a Folder and playlist in that folder on the phone that can't be deleted. App crashes when I attempt to. I deleted the app and reinstalled on the iphone........no change.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4S

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No.

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

over 100

My mobile Spotify version

My username

robojack67

any resolution to this? Looking back through posts it seems like this has been an issue for a while that is only fixed by a manual fix to the account from Spotify's end.

Earth to Spotify? Come in Spotify?

Come on Spotify, how about some kind of response? I am a premium member but won't be for long if I don't at least get something here.

I have the same problem.

Exactly same problem for me. empty folders, several layers deep appear on my ipod spotify app but not my desktop. They cannot be deleted.

Spotify....??

P

I eventually fixed it myself, by deleting the rogue folders, one level at a time, using Spotify on my iPad.

hi Fitz, I guess you're responding to try and help me out...so thanks for that. :-) On the ipod, the only level I can get a delete button on on the empty playlist stack I'm trying to delete is the top one. When I press the delete button, it throws me out of spotify. I go back in to find the playlist still there. thnaks again for the suggestions though. best P

I've had this problem for quite a while, trying several things including what I list below.  This now worked for me.

1.  Click on a random song (I picked the one currently playing)

2.  Add to playlist

3.  Put the playlist in the lowest level empty folder.

4.  Delelet the top level folder (that will now contain one playlist).

The problem is they can't handle the zero, creates a boundary/null condition they can't handle.  Get rid of the zero and you can delete the folders.

Suggested posts