Country

US

Device

iPhoneX

Operating System

iOS 12.2

Spotify 8.5.2.666

My Question or Issue

Every time I relaunch the Spotify app, my settings for the Equalizer are not active. While the slider shows the Equalizer as “on” - the sound settings are not actually on. After I reset the slider (off then on) or make a change

to the equalizer, then the equalizer settings (or preset) activate and the sound changes to my customization. This started with this version update. 

11 Replies

Same problem here and I've bugged Spotify for weeks about this issue. What causes it to reset too is if I"m playing a song over bluetooth, then a call comes in over bluetooth. Bam..  equalizer resets to dead flat when music resumes playing.

>I would not care< if I wasn't driving. This totally F's up when I'm listening to music in the car becuase it's such a pain in **bleep** (and unsafe) to have to fiddle with the app to reset the equalizer back to what I want. 

Interesting. I don’t use Bluetooth and I have this issue every time I open the app. This also isn’t the first time. In a previous release last year I had the same issue until a later update solved the issue.

no it's not a Bluetooth issue, I only said that to  illustrate that while driving, trying to mess with the app to reset the eq was dangerous. The app resets to eq on wired connections as well. 

no it's not a Bluetooth issue, I only said that to  illustrate that while driving, trying to mess with the app to reset the eq was dangerous. It's to the point where if Spotify resets the eq now I dont even bother and just switch to Apple music or go silent altogether. The app resets to eq on wired connections as well. 

I can confirm that this is a problem (also on IOS).

This is an issue for me because my bluetooth headphones' lowest volume settting is too loud. Dropping all of the equalizer buckets lower gives me a lower, more comfortable volume. But when I relaunch the app, the loud sound comes back (even though the sliders still appear low). I can fix this by raising the sliders up and dropping them down again. But this is a clear bug.
It doesn't just happen over bluetooth; I can recreate it with the iPhone's built-in speaker.

Same problem.  Equalizer does not work when airplay is enabled.  I can’t even toggle it on or off.  The only way to change is to stop sending Spotify to an AirPlay connected wifi speaker, and play it through my iPhone.  Then equalizer works.  

Help 

Same problem.. Been like this for months. Maybe a year...😬
Works if I do not play airplay to AppleTV and play direct on Iphone speaker (which sucks)..
Not possible to change settings on equialiser when using airplay...
Spotify: 8.5.26.893 (but been like this for loads of upgrades)
IOS: 13.1.2

i'm still encountering this issue. is there any update on this spotify?

Can’t adjust equalizer either. 

It won work with AirPlay.
Can this be fixed?

Hi
Same issue here (more than one year later). Any update? Will this be fixed???

Suggested posts