Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Equalizer in the latest update

Solved!

Equalizer in the latest update

Before the update with the "new shiny interface" I could gain access to an equaliser embeded in the spotify app for iPhones, but ever since the update I haven't been able to do so, why?

Hasit been removed or do i need to swipe the screen in a new shape? Without the equaliser the music sounds like **bleep** 😕

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Jierdax wrote:

Before the update with the "new shiny interface" I could gain access to an equaliser embeded in the spotify app for iPhones, but ever since the update I haven't been able to do so, why?

Hasit been removed or do i need to swipe the screen in a new shape? Without the equaliser the music sounds like **bleep** 😕

Hi, the hidden equlizer was removed in the latest update, sorry about that!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The EQ has been removed from the current version, that is why you are unable to find it. I don't think it was meant to be found in the first place, hence why it was hidden! 

Hopefully, it will return in a later update!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

@Jierdax wrote:

Hi, the hidden equlizer was removed in the latest update, sorry about that!

@liam

DP you know the reason to why its removed?
It was a big dissepointment to see it was removed.

We that uses high quality earphones cant use them to the Max.

Get it back, with easier interface and broader band. Or release the API so someone Else could make a better app for equalize.

Best regards wolf

Nooooooo, not the equalizer, bring it back pls

Honestly I just liked the old EQ. Missing it so badly.

I'm on a bus now, as I often am listening to Spotify, and the loud rumbling engine drowns out the bass in my music, so a 3-5dB boost worked wonders. Also, the ability to bring down the 2-4k range makes the sound much less fatiguing.

A new equalizer in a new release would be nice (as long as it still had full functionality), but until then I want the old one back, at least.

The hidden EQ seemed to be a hit with the public - it sure was for me, and potentially with thousands of others out there who haven't personally voiced their opinion here on the forums.

I check for updates every day waiting for this!
I hope to see it returning soon.

I agree. And also why was it not mentioned in the update description? I would never have updated if they'd have been more honest! My Bose system has no EQ and I relied on the hidden equaliser. Very angry!

This truly is a step backward.  I use a Bose Wireless Soundlink speaker at home (very awesome speaker).  Unfortunately I have no way to control bass levels and my neighbors (I live in an apartment) are easily disturbed.  I used to use Spotify's hidden EQ function to turn the bass down.

However when I play basketball or go to the gym with my buddies we love having the bass at normal/high levels.

Please bring this back immediately!

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party app to control bass since Spotify is being weird suddenly about their EQ?

To Spotify:  You guys are really awesome but this is a big disappoointment.  Please don't start becoming crappy like iTunes did...

Too bad that the function is missing now - i will definitely quit if it won't come back somehow

Audyssey has partnered with Songza. When you get sick of Spotify dictating how you get to enhance your music that you've paid for, cancel your subscription and head on over. How a music app gets away with not having an equalizer is astonishing.

I would love to have a global app that just controls EQ for anything coming out of the headphone jack. Has apple made this impossible? Very frustrating.

There seems to be a Workaround: Check "Tunigo". This Music search Support has been acquired by Spotify and they are going to integrate it into their music player. For now you can download the Spotify playlist via Tunigo and use the EQ in settings. It seems as if this is the Apple EQ. If this is the case then the .ogg issue high power consumption would be solved as well.

Why would you take out such an awesome feature!!! Imma rage quit if it don't come back.

This seems so basic 😞 Not happy.

Is there a way of installing a previous version with EQ still in place..miss it more than cigarettes

Having recently bought an iPad and after using a 3rd equalizer successfully on android for a long time I find it very surprising that spotify doesn't have an inbuilt eq and won't work with 3rd party eqs
I've been in touch with a developer who is willing to work within spotify to build one for iOS if spotify is listening maybe you can get in touch with me?

There actually was a hidden one in the application for a long time, but it was removed several versions ago. So there is already one made somewhere, its just not available!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah thanks I read about that I wonder why it got removed? Any chance of bringing it back Spotify?? Or at least allow 3rd party eqs to work?

as pretty as it looks, i also cant seem to find the library function anywhere!

Spotify equaliser is available from 1.5.0 release, available for everyone now from the Apple App Store. Options are inside Settings -> Playback -> Equalizer
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts