Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Equalizer issues

Equalizer issues

Recenly when I close Spotify in my iphone XR and then use it again the Equalizer resets itself from my previous placements, happens everytime??

Plan

Premium

Country

Scotland

Device

Iphone XR

Operating System

(iOS 12.2)

My Question or Issue

Recenly when I close Spotify in my iphone XR and then use it again the Equalizer resets itself from my previous placements, happens everytime??

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have exact same issue. Reinstallled twice. Rebooted several times. 

Iphone xs Max iOS 12.2 and most recent version of Spotify. 

Started about... A week or so ago? Time frame is a bit fuzzy except I just audio sounded like cr/p and then saw equalizer on... But really off. Meaning the switch was on but it had no effect. I had to to turn off then back on. Super annoying to try to do this when you’re driving

I have same problem, too!

When evertime I use Spotify, although the equalizer displays “on”, I need to reopen it to become the mode that I set by myself. Hope Spotify fix it quickly, because I use it everyday!

My device:Apple iPhone X

the latest IOS

the latest Spotify version

One more update to this issue. The equalizer appears to reset as well when a phone call comes in. 

So if I'm driving listenting with my EQ settings over bluetooth in car, a call comes in over bluetooth, when call is over, spotify resumes playing... but the EQ HAS RESET>!!!! AGGGGg.... I can't stand this

Suggested posts