0 Likes

I have iOS 13 updated on iPhone and ipad

spotify premium 

the equalizer 

Won’t work with Airplay 

does work with playback thru device or with Airpods 

please help

Alan

one of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand that you're experiencing issues while trying to use Spotify via Airplay.

Unfortunately, the equalizer won't work with Airplay, as the Spotify app just tells the Airplay device which song to play from Spotify's catalog, with the Airplay device controlling how the audio will sound. Which is why, we can't control any equalizer settings on the Airplay device.

We'd recommend that you reach out to your Airplay device manufacturer customer support team to get help with adjusting the sound quality and equalizer settings.

Thank you for understanding.

Comments
Remco602

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Iphone 6S

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

After upgrading to iOS12 end of last year the equalizer built-in to the Spotify app stopped working when playing back over an AirPlay device. This has clearly nothing to do with a limitation of iOS, as I was initally told by Spotify's tech support, as the equalizer of the Vox app works just fine when playing via AirPlay. Will Spotify ever fix this, or do I just forget about the Spotify app and just move on to using the Vox app?? For a music app it is pretty critical that users can adjust bass, treble etc. levels depending on the device they are using to listen to the music...

Loxer

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Remco602
I have tried re-installing already. iOS 12.1.2 and Spotify 8.5.0.833

OAlme

Exactly the same issue for me. Spotify EQ works fine when playing on the Spotify Iphone app. 

When switching to Airplay over AppleTV, EQ frezzes. Not possible to adjust or switch on/off. 

Any fix?

devises are switched on/off and have latest SW. 

CNC97

**bleep**.

This has been going of for over 6 months.

Has spotify lost all of its good developers or something?

Not being able to adjust the active EQ setting while in use because of a protocol upgrade sounds like a load of bolocks.

Spotify.  WakeTF up.  Raise an issue and assign it to a junior already.  This is worthy of ridicule.

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community.

This was an issue which we were aware of and which we were investigating, but fortunately this has now been fixed for everyone 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else. Stay awesome!

CNC97

Hello Peter.

I'm currently on 8.5.7.601.

From which version will we be able to see this resolved?

tank022

Peter, this issue has been going on for entirely too long. I've personally experienced this since your update last year.  Is this not a pressing matter for spotify to take care of this issue? Where is the customer service? I have to download other apps to make your app work as it should and pay more? Ive been a loyal customer of spotify for numerous years and this is the quality of service we receive? Why should the customer continuously ask for a fix that is a known issue for more over a half a year?  When is issue going to be resolved? Is spotify even working on the issue? You quote that it is fixed when apparently it is not. Provide us with solid info and not leave your loyal customers in limo........

tank022
Bring the equalizer back with apple airplay.

I was a very frustrated after spending the whole day tuning my new porch speakers to find out all my hard work went to zero. I rely on using the equalizer when playing music. There is nothing more satisfying being able to fine tune what your are listening too. Why would you stop something that worked? I hope the community understands my frustration and you bring back the eq for apple airplay. It’s like having a jet boat with a trolling motor. I’ve been a Spotify premium member for some time now. If not give it to the none subscribers at least let the premium members be able to utilize it. 

@Peter wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community.

This was an issue which we were aware of and which we were investigating, but fortunately this has now been fixed for everyone 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else. Stay awesome!

This was my post back in October of 2018........ and yet this has not been pressing enough to take care of your customers...... Should we ask for a reduced rate to cover for downloading boom or vox to compensate the eq issues?  Come on.... i don't strap a motorcycle to my back bumper for extra horsepower to get up the hill..... 

JRipa

So where is this solution???