Equalizer won’t work until changed every time the app starts

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

The equalizer won’t start having effect until I go to the app’s configurations and change something in the equalizer, only then it will start working. This happens every time I start up the app. Thank you for reading!

9 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello! Thanks for answering. I’ve already tried that, but sadly it didn’t work. I’m running iOS 12.2 (16E227) and the Spotify app version is 8.5.1.1085

Hope this helps tracking down that bug, thank you again!

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Could you try this with another Spotify account to see if that helps?

If possible, try signing to another iPhone to check if the issues persists there as well.

Also, could you try uploading a screen recording when the Equalizer resets?

Let me know how that goes.

Hi, I'm having this same issue. I'd like to expound on this request:

"Also, could you try uploading a screen recording when the Equalizer resets?"

The equalizer doesn't "reset" with this issue -- meaning all my settings are NOT back their defaults -- but rather the equalizer simply isn't functioning until we adjust at least one of the settings. In my case, I just move my 15Khz setting down, then back up again, and then the equalizer starts working properly. I've attached a screenshot of my settings if that helps. Also, I've noticed that this bug only started within the last few weeks -- maybe a month at the most. So I suspect it was introduced with a recent version upgrade.

Thanks!

spotify .jpg

Hey @traeboy,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Could you try my other suggested tips to see if they help you?

It's exactly what @traeboy said. Thank you for clarifying! The equalizer always remains the same, it's just that it doesn't start having effect on the sound until a parameter is changed. Here's a screenshot of mine. This bug also appeared recently for me.

IMG_1879.PNG

I'm not able to test using a separate Spotify account, but I can confirm that this issue doesn't occur on the version of Spotify installed on my iPod Touch 6, which is version 8.4.89.675.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We're aware of this and we are currently looking into it. Make sure to head over to the relevant Ongoing Issue thread here, where you can add your vote and also leave the requested information so that we can pass it on to our tech team.

Thanks!

This has become a problem for me as I just upgraded from galaxy s9 to a s22 ultra. The bass response seems non existent until I move a slide up and back to the same spot. It's very annoying to have to toy with the phone each time I get in the car

Suggested posts