Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error: Offline Playlists

Error: Offline Playlists

Hi there,

I keep getting the "Offline Playlists" error that tells me "There was an error communicating with Spotify.  Some tracks couldn't be made available offline.  Spotify will try later."  I'm a premium member on an iPod touch (iOS 4).  I've tried quitting and re-opening Spotify a number of times.  I've also tried turning on/of my wireless connection on my iPod, and turning the power on/off my iPod.  I'm considering uninstalling and re-installing the Spotify app, but since that would un-sync all of the playlists that are already synced that I would lose all offline listening if the error persists.

Is this an error with the Spotify server that will be fixed soon or is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

13 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem! Please fix it Spotify! I am about to be on a plan for 6 hours and need my offline content!

Or else why are we all paying for a feature that doesn't seem to be working? 

Hi again,

I just wanted to report for anyone else who has the problem that it just went away on its own for me.  Nothing that I tried worked, but after about 3 hours from when I originally had the problem, everything started syncing again.  So, there might be nothing you can do but wait it out until it works again.

Just signed up for Spotify premium. The only reason I signed up for it was for the offline mode. I ride the subway for 2 hrs a day so streaming's not an option ... Have been getting this message for a couple hours. Sucks. Seriously Spotify, this has been happening for months apparently. It's really unacceptable ... Won't be continuing as a premium member for long if it continues,needless to say.

Spotify you need to fix this please. I paid for premium content and I should be able to sync and update my playlist otherwise I might have to consider Rhapsody.  This has been an ongoing issue for a week now.

Yeah, I'm also having this problem, and it's really frustrating me because I use an iPod Touch, so it's really disrupting the way I use Spotify. This NEEDS to be fixed, or I'll cancel my subscription.

I have the same problem—and I did uninstall and reinstall the app in an attempt to fix it. No change.

I receive an error when I try to sync laptop with iPhone 3GS- that there is an "error communicating with Spotify." I'm a premium member as well, but not sure how long that will be is there is not communication regarding issues. I have NO problem accepting that things happen and I'm more than happy to wait a decent amount of time for problems to be resolved. But if it seems the service is not aware of the issues and therefore are unable to let subscribers know of those issues, then there is no reason to subscribe since the service is not "premium." Is there a reason for the error, and if it is possibly on my end, what should I do to make sure it doesn't not happen again?

Allow me to add mine to the growing number of complaints. I'm sure you're working on it but it would be nice to get some kind of response here, even if it is just to tell us the cause of the problem or more details. I, too, am a Premium Member and I don't mind spending ten bucks a month for something I consider to be worth much, much more, but the fact of the matter is this: Premium should be Premium. Offline syncing is part of what I expect to recieve for my money, so I should get it, or, as I said, AT LEAST an explanation and a progress report. 

I not only get the same thing for about 32 hours now, but I can't play anything. online or off nothing. 

add me to the pile 😕

can't sync with my iPad (0.5.5.23.g3ea51c3a)

Hi- I found something that worked for me to fix this problem.

1) switch one playlist to "available offline" and I'm assuming at this point you get the error message. keep the playlist switched to "available offline"

2) in the mobile app, under "more" > "setting" > "playback" switch to offline mode

3) go back to the playlist you switched to "avail" and try to play a song, even though it's grey.

4) an alert box will appear asking if you want to go online, click yes and the playlist will finally begin to download.

also, the downloads seemed to work best when downloading 1 playlist at a time. I didn't need to do these steps over and over for every playlist but it seemed like the downloads were faster when I didn't have too many tracks pending at once. just do one playlist and the flick the avail switch for the next when the first is complete.

or here's another suggestion, spotify can just fix the app so it works correctly.

I'm using spotify 0.5.5.23

I freakin love you. +1 Kudos!

Hi guys

I had this problem and found that it was a lack of memory on my device (iPhone).  So by closing a bunch of other apps the issue went away.  

Good luck!

Gareth

Suggested posts