Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error occurred on Home screen

Error occurred on Home screen

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

When i open spotify, the home screen shows the message “an error occurred”, without specifying further details. Ser also attached screenshot.

i already tried to

- download the latest version of the spotify app

- delete and reinstall the app

- turn off and my iphone

nothing of these helped so far

D10FEB70-215D-4F71-A4E2-7234BB5B06BB.png
12 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps 🙂

Make sure you have installed all the latest avaialble updates for iOS and Spotify. Does this happen if you try it with a different network connection? Only the Home tab has this error?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi Loxer

Spotify Version: 8.4.71.578

iOS Version: 12.0 (16A366)

As already mentioned, I already tried to

• do a clean reinstall by following the steps you mentioned
  • restart my device before and after my reinstall

Unfortunately, both didn't help.

The error occurs only on the Home tab. The other ones are working well.

Hey @user-removed,

Sorry that didn't help.

Could you please try it with a different network connection?

If possible, plesae try to sign in with a different Spotify account to see if the issue persists.

Please let me know 🙂

Hi Loxer

I tried out the following things as requested:

• Different network connection (home WLAN instead of 4G of my mobile provider): Did not work
  • Sign in with a different account: I created a second free account (= non premium). After logging in the home screen was shown successfully.

Therefore we can assume that it is either a problem that affects premium accounts in general or a problem that raises because of some data that is related to my premium account.

Kind regards, Dario

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

I would recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options in your Spotify account page.

Let me know if that helps 🙂

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png

Hi Loxer, I tried to log out from all devices using the function you mentioned, but after signing in again on my iPhone I still have the same error message.

According to my account I don't have any offline devices that can be removed (see attached screenshot)

offline devices.JPG

Hey @user-removed,

That's really odd.

Do you have access to another iPhone to try and sign in with your Spotify account there?

Please let me know 🙂

I tried with an iPhone 6s iOS 11.4.1 (15G77) and spotify version 8.4.71.578. same error still appears

Hey @user-removed,

Sorry for the dealy 🙂

It's possible that this is account-related. However, let's try some additional troubleshooting steps first like toggling on and off Offline Mode, making sure all permissions on your phone's settings are toggled on and logging out and back to shake things up. If that doesn't do the trick, you could use your newly created account instead.

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar: spotify:user:username

Or if you happen to have access to a Windows desktop, install Spotify there and simply drag and drop all the playlists in your desktop which later on can be redragged to Spotify on your new acocunt. Also, about the songs folder, simply select them all by holding CTRL+A, right click on any ofthe songs and next clic on Add to playlist. That way they'll be added to a playlist too which can be coppied to your desktop like the other ones.

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You can also cancel your subscription in your current account and when it runs out in this one.

Hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

I have the same issue with an Iphone 8. The desktop app works fine, it's just the app.

I've tried all the options listed in this conversation, still doesn't work.

Can you please help? 

Thanks, 

Same error appeared today for me and my partner. Both have downloaded the iOS 12 update and the latest Spotify update. Can’t search or use home screen as get the same error as in the first post. 

Hey, 

I’m having the same issue. Sometimes the following works: 

*I’m using the  iPhone XS and the latest version of Spotify.*

1. Log out of the app.

2. Kill the app so that it’s not open at all

3. Turn off the data and WiFi 

4. Turn the data and WiFi back on

5. Open Spotify and log in

This has worked the last 2 days and I want to see if works for other people.

Suggested posts