Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Every time I turn my iPhone off, I am logged out and lose all offline music

Every time I turn my iPhone off, I am logged out and lose all offline music

I have to turn my phone off every day. I lost all of my music almost every single time this happens. It is an iPhone 6 with 64GB of storage. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I made sure it is not connected with Facebook. This is really frustrating when I am essentially paying $12.99 for no reason. 

I did notice that on my account page I have two devices listed as offline. This rotates and sometimes I have three. I have changed my password as well, so I am sure this isn't someone else accessing my account. 

I have sent a message to Spotify, and never received a reply. I also asked about student discount, since it failed to apply to my account. Has anyone ever had any luck with receiving help from the Spotify team??? Please help!!

4 Replies

I bought a new iPhone. It's the 6S with the same amount of storage you have. All my playlists have now disappeared. I too tried reloading the app to no avail. The support team did email me back but none of their suggestions worked such as reloading the app, etc. I've now emailed them again to ask what else I can try. When I try clicking on "recover playlists" I just jeep getting the same message that says I haven't deleted any playlist! Super frustrating! Please post again if you figure your problem out and I'll go the same. I'd hate to have to rebuild all of my playlists!

Thanks for your reply, I'll keep this post updated!

I am in contact with them at https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/ Everything they have recommended has failed to work so far, but they are getting back to me very quickly.

The spotify care people asked if I use any cache deleting apps or something that force closes my app. I realized that I usually force close my apps in order to save battery life, but after some googling I realized this doesn't help much since modern phones are smart enough to not run a million programs in the background. I stopped force closing it for a few days and I am on day 3 of not being logged off! I'll keep this updated.

Suggested posts