Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Exploring new ways of adding items to "Your Library"

Solved!

Exploring new ways of adding items to "Your Library"

Hey there folks,

Our design team has started exploring new ways to add items to "Your Library". This is why we'd love to hear your feedback on the new implementations, because those changes are done with the goal to better your experience on our platform.

The design may differ in either having a heart symbol or a plus sign with other subtle differences.

If you're part of this undertaking, post your constructive feedback in this thread and the relevant team will review it. 

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We wanted to let you know that there is a new announcement post that answers your questions and shows you how to use the new (+) Plus button. We'll be closing this thread here now.

We continue to welcome your feedback about this change over in the thread linked below:

The ♡ Heart button is being replaced with a (+) Plus button

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

519 Replies

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

Germany

Device

Iphone 13

Operating System

IOS 1.15.

My Question or Issue

I cant like songs anymore, best i can do is add them to my liked songs?? it really annoys me because i cant see which songs i've liked now :// best i see us that random tick that probs just mean its in the playlist, i'm probs gon be to lazy to add new songs so thats why i hate it too

9C407826-A43A-4CDD-81F2-E38D6D3F7E37.png
8CE13577-F694-4C20-9C04-8388540CFD8A.png
C7C74D90-D6C0-479A-A819-42C7C10D1829.png

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 15 yesterday, today updated to 16. Still same issue. 

My Question or Issue

Hello,

As of yesterday evening, the like song butting has changed from a heart to plus/circle. I can still like individual songs as they are playing. However, I cannot like an album at once and add all the songs to my liked songs. 

It will only give you the “add to library” option and then it sits as a playlist. Songs have to be individually liked. 

This sucks because I just like all songs and then go through them later. 

Has anyone seen this before?

I added screenshots to show the change.

9871A10A-C9D1-4D17-B6A2-A84786FA6FE9.png
ED3447E5-99C4-43D7-8E4F-57301649F5BB.png
E6759DEB-311A-4653-B526-1B6BDB43F1AC.png

Hey there @wenyux,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that Hearts should be visible on your playlists when a song is individually liked but they will not show up in albums.

Just to confirm, when you tap on the 3 dots next to the song, does the option to like the song pop up (or does the green heart show up)?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EDIT: We've double checked this with the right teams and indeed the heart icon will be missing next to your songs while browsing your playlists. We're gathering all feedback about this here though, so rest assured it has been passed on. This is exactly what we're looking for to ensure we're making the right changes and to tweak things moving forward. Keep it coming!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

no, this is all i see. it might be an update or something but appstore doesn't recognize it as an update of the app!

644975DD-6163-4AB9-9E53-AF1D50801C3D.png

1. I do not have an issue, just some constructive criticism of a recent update. In past versions of the spotify app, one could press the like button and instantly add the song or album to their library, through a playlist of liked songs. Now, pressing the “plus” button brings up the option of adding the song to a playlist - one of which is the Liked Songs playlist. This new version, however, takes two button presses, whereas the former Like Button was instant. This was much more convenient, and even a bit satisfying to press. Thank you for reading!

Honestly I don't understand how anyone at Spotify thought this was a good idea. It took me forever to understand I have to add stuff to my "liked songs" playlist if I want to like it now. This is bad UX.

Plan

Premium 

Country

United States

Device

IPhone 12 

Operating System

IOS 16.0

My Question or Issue

Can’t like songs, instead having to add it to my liked songs as a playlist, can’t add local files to playlists anymore, and I hate how a song is considered “liked” if I add it to a simple playlist. 

This is a horrible new design.

AD4A2A56-C71E-4592-B10F-10FA1AA279D8.png

Plan: Premium/ Country: US/ Device: Iphone SE/ Operating System: ios 16.2

My Question or Issue:

Hi everyone. I have a spotify premium account, and, asof yesterday, the "heart" button on my iphone app is gone. 💔 I now have a "plus" button that allows me to add songs to my Liked Songs playlist.  However, I can't see the heart indicating which songs I have previously liked in any of my playlists, or on any public/collaborative playlists.

My account still appears totally normal on my web browser or computer.

I have tried clearing cache and full reset, deleting and redownloading the app, signing in on a different mobile device, updating my phone and my Spotify to the latest versions, with no luck.

Spotify support said they could transfer all my music to a new account, but I have years of listening history and data for my current account that would be lost :((

I know that similar issues to mine have cropped up before. Does anyone have a solution, or know whether this glitch might resolve with future updates? Thanks so much. 

Funny how my post seemed to disappear. Your new design is horrible. Most of the content is missing, except for random playlists you add to the homepage. Thanks for you support Spotify! 

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 13 

I AM EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM. I can't "like" songs. 

If this doesn't get fixed ASAP I'm legit gonna switch to Apple Music. I need to be able to add things to my library. 

I have logged in and out, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and I'm still experiencing the same issues. 

FIX THIS NOW PLEASE!

New iPhone 13, latest OS, SAME PROBLEM. 

My previous reply was removed. I can't "like" songs, or even "add to library". This new feature roll out has made it impossible to do either. 

FIX THIS NOW

I also noticed this as of today, 10/4, so I am starting to suspect it was some misguided attempt at “improving” the UI. I also have a premium account.

I hope theres someone at Spotify who isn’t asleep at the wheel and they realize this is awful, liked songs is how I navigate the app on my iPhone.

I agree that looks more like an intentional adjustment than a glitch!! When I contacted support yesterday, they said there was no plan to roll out changes to the the interface, but who knows. Either way, super frustrating, and I really hope there's a fix :((

It’s quite a change. I really liked seeing the hearts next to the songs I liked. I do like that I can easily add a song to multiple playlists. There is also a glitch that shows the song as liked on the Now Playing screen even though it hasn’t been added to the Liked Songs playlist.

Hi,

First, I wanted to say that I appreciate the effort to streamline the spotify app & keep it modern.  But, as someone who spends 2+ hours finding & curating music in spotify every single day, with a massive library, the changes to the "like" button are rather devastating to me.

The problematic changes (in my opinion) are these, in the order of decreasing impact:

1. The heart (like) icon is no longer visible next to tracks inside of playlists

2. The heart (like) icon is no longer visible in the "Now Playing" view for a song

3. Songs added to a playlist are automatically added to the "liked" song list (unless you manually deselect "Liked songs" when adding the song)

For years I have been relying on the heart icon as a binary rating system, distinguishing the "really good tracks" from the "pretty good tracks".  A third of the songs in my playlists (10,000 songs total) have the prized designation of "liked", and this designation is crucial when I'm building playlists for specific events or playing something on demand.  Years of work have gone into choosing which songs in my library receive this designation.  So by far the biggest loss for me with this app update is that this designation is completely invisible within a playlist, on iOS.

The other problematic issue is that when I click the "add to playlist" button or the "plus" icon, the song is automatically added to "liked songs".  75% of the time, this is definitely *not* what I want, as it will quickly pollute that carefully-curated list of liked songs.  This means extra care is needed (i.e. an extra step) to deselect "liked songs" when adding a track to *any* playlist of mine for the first time.  This now provides an opportunity for human error, and headaches later on when I discover my mistake.

I will say though, the ability to add a track to multiple playlists at once, and *see playlist membership*, is a truly amazing feature.  But I would still prefer the old UI if it means I can get my heart icons back.

Proposed solutions:

1. Bring back the heart icon next to tracks inside of a playlist (this is crucial)

2. Bring back the heart icon on the "Now playing" screen

3. When adding a track to a playlist, deselect "liked songs" by default (when presenting the list of playlist options)

It seems there is ample space in the UI to bring the heart icon back -- both inside of a playlist, and on the "now playing" screen.  Please please please bring that back, I am entirely reliant on that feature.

As a music fanatic who spends a significant portion of my waking life inside of spotify, this is super important to me.  Thanks so much!

Agreed. It’s frustrating that instead of clicking the heart, I need to click add, click on the playlist, and click done. What used to be quick and one action is now 3. Very frustrating. Same with removing liked songs. 

I feel you!
It has changed for me too, I think it's due to an update.
Would be good if they do an options that if you want you can enable it, or not. Even because back in the time (https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Heart-button-makes-it-easy-to-accidentally-removed-...) there was some people not feeling comfortable with having the Heart "there" because accidentally it happened that you remove songs and I suit with that too.
So let's see what will be the future updates.
p.s.: in the computer/mac apps you can still see it "there" the lovely Heart

would rather just have the heart next to songs i want to like individually, and i'll put them in a playlist later if i wanted to

edit: i agree with what some people said, as a fix if the plus thing really is something you guys want to put in, just put the heart back and put the plus next to it, there definitely is room for it. also, not having the heart show up next to songs when you’re looking at an album, for example, is very annoying because that’s how i find out if i already liked the song and which songs in an album i want to possibly listen to

I'm not quite sure how it would work exactly but if there was a way to add a section like "listen later" if you have song suggestions from friends, playlists you've heard about, etc. After you listen it could give you a prompt to add it to a playlist or discard idk

Suggested posts