Country

Germany

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 12.3

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I know it might be an exotic use case but sometimes I edit my existing mp3 music files for example in live albums containing too much talking or applause I like cutting that out. Sometimes I also add live mp3s to existing albums.

Is it possible with Spotify to not only add those files to local files but to albums already existing in Spotify? This way I would also have effect on Spotify‘s recommendation algorithm.

Any help is appreciated.

bye

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @The_UnknownX and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Local files you own/create will remain on your personal devices and should be playable as long as they are in a supported format. They won't, however, affect any of Spotify's streaming catalog or the recommendations - even if they are the same track or album names. You can read more about local file formats and compatibility at this Spotify Answer.

I hope this was helpful and have a wonderful day! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @The_UnknownX and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Local files you own/create will remain on your personal devices and should be playable as long as they are in a supported format. They won't, however, affect any of Spotify's streaming catalog or the recommendations - even if they are the same track or album names. You can read more about local file formats and compatibility at this Spotify Answer.

I hope this was helpful and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Too bad. Then I‘ll have to go with Apple Music then. It seems to have the functionality I need 😉

Thanks for your help though.

Suggested posts