Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extreme Battery Drain / iPhone 5

Extreme Battery Drain / iPhone 5

Hi,

I have the premium service and have noticed a significant battery drain when using Spotify as compared to my iPhone 4. Is it just me?

I've optimized my phone to conserve power as much as possible already. Brightness, push/fetch, location, turned off cellular for spotify... Still. It drains really fast.

Just me? Any suggestions?

Thx!
105 Replies

I have stopped using the app since it drains the battery so quickly. 7-8% per hour using locally stored files is not good enough.

I also feel the lack of response from Spotify is disappointing.

Have anyone tried alternatives to spotify? How is the wimp iPhone app in terms of battery compared to Spotify?

I have noticed this issue too and have noticed that the little play triangle icon next to the battery percentage in the status bar is showing while spotify if draining power, although no music or sound is playing. If I go and force close spotify from running in the background, the icon disappears and normal battery use resumes. 

This has been an issue on my iPhone 4 and my new iPhone 5, I used the same quitting method to fix it each time I finished playing music.

Does anyone else see this play icon when their battery is being drained/iPhone running hot?

I've got the same issue and it looks like they're not going to fix it any time soon.

Just cancelled my premium subscription, which is a real shame because I liked the service and just got it a few weeks ago.

Any other comparable products that allow for seamless iTunes integration and automatically sync between computer and iPhone?

Just canceled my subscription also. Ill consider spotify again if they come with a fix. Gonna try beat for a while now

So it's now three and a half months since this issue was first reported (in this thread at least - perhaps it was reported earlier elsewhere).

Have they done anything about it? Nope. 

We're looking into this and ask that you provide us with as much info as possible for each individual case. As we've started a new bugs board, please come here to add more info and find updates.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts