Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extreme reverts to HQ

Solved!

Extreme reverts to HQ

Hi, did the iPhone update today but every time I select extreme it just reverts back to HQ

167 Replies

Hello,

Just a bit of an update for you all. I've reported this to our QA department to take a look at. 

However, in the meantime, tracks should be able to be synced in Extreme by doing them all in one go while the Extreme sync is selected (and selecting "Don't Resync"), syncing the playlists and not closing down the app. When the playlists are synced, they should remain on your phone at 320kbps.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Might work with new syncs but i can't force a resync if the playlist is already there in HQ. switching to offline then online just turns the icons green . I suppose the only way to actually delete the synced version is to uninstall the app and reinstall.

Add this feature to Windows Phone! I wait it! I need it! A Premium quality. Thank you Spotify.

Hey hpguru!! How you get a picture as your avatar when we is all silly green people!!! :0)

Hey! I'm Spotify Champion from Get Satisfaction forum and here i'm Spotify Founder. All founders can change a avatar picture.

Well great for you champion founder, but I just want to let it be known I do not look like my new avatar, at all - no way - I am more the George Cloony 6' 3" hunk type! :0)

Better avatar system for all will be good.

Yes, I too am having this problem.  Has the uninstall, re-install worked for anyone?  I was on the verge of cancelling Spotify and moving to MOG just a few days ago, specifically for the higher audio quality.

I'm currently doing a MOG  free trial, trying to decide between Spotify vs. MOG.  I was going to cancel Spotify, but they released this new update right after I signed up for the MOG trial, so I'm comparing the two for a little while.

I still like Spotify more, and if they can sort out this resync issue, I will remain loyal.  But, the clock is ticking...

If someone official from Spotify would let me know that this is being addressed I would really appreciate it!

I tried the advice from David (mod) above. Selecting 'don't resync' and 'resync' makes no difference.

I'm running latest app, latest iOS software

I'm going to be brave and delete and reinstall. I only have 3-4 playlists synced on high quality, so will see if I can get extreme working. 

david - when i select resync and/or don't resync, there is NO network activity al all .So it doesn't think 'ah ha, i have to do something different now'

Robert

I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and while remote from my own Wifi, choose not to make my playlists be available offline. (It wouldn't sync them at this stage anyway). Then I made sure that Extreme was selected.

On my PC I made the playlists available offline on it. I then joined my wifi with the iPod, and on the PC found my iPod device, and from there, selected which playlists to sync with the iPod. The iPod then synced all the tracks and remained at Extreme.

I don't know if all of these steps are necessary but it seems to have worked (assuming that it actually has synced the 320kbps tracks 🙂

Stuart

@David wrote:

However, in the meantime, tracks should be able to be synced in Extreme by doing them all in one go while the Extreme sync is selected (and selecting "Don't Resync"), syncing the playlists and not closing down the app. When the playlists are synced, they should remain on your phone at 320kbps.

I have exactly the same problem, but this workaround will do it for me, if it works that way (not tested yet).

I have the same problem with Extreme reverts back to HQ.

I just uninstalled the app, installed it again, changed my settings to Extreme, selected not to resync, marked my playlist as offline and now it is syncing (all this without restarting the app).

But how do I see what quality a synced song have?

I tried this method but unfortunately it still seemed to revert back to high quality. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

I've benen trying to use the new setting extreme on sound quality on spotify However when I select extreme under both stream,sync and allow resync of playlists (Connected to WiFi) and reopen the app sync has gone down to high quality. Running latest version of spotify and iOs 5.0.1 iPhone 4

Yea daw der iz uh nudder topick en it got 35 uther ppplz talkin bout dis her same izzue regardin eXtreme funkzion. Other have benen tryin using WiFizzle too daw. No luck

Sorry if the above two posts seem a little out of place - Just been merging some threads relating to this topic. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

David, how can I tell what bitrate a specific track on my iPhone is?

There's no setting for telling what quality a track is (beyond some finely trained ears), but the quality of the tracks for each setting should be around the following - 

• Low Bandwidth (~96 kbps)
  • High Quality (~160 kbps)
  • Extreme (~320 kbps)

I've synced an album I'm fairly familar with using Extreme on my iPhone and it does seem to me to be an improvement.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for the info!

Have you heard anything from the Q&A team regarding this issue?

Great function to add "extreme" quality to the iOS verion of Spotify, unfortuannly I experiene the same issue's as everyone in this thread.

Suggested posts