Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extreme reverts to HQ

Solved!

Extreme reverts to HQ

Hi, did the iPhone update today but every time I select extreme it just reverts back to HQ

167 Replies

Yep, I have this problem too.

Also, add an Extreme quality option to Android. Come on Spotify!

Hello,

I assure you that we're still here. In case some more recent people to this thread hadn't seen my first post here, you might be able to get tracks syncing in 320kbps by using the steps I mention here.

However, as I said previously, it appears some users aren't getting it to sync at 320kbps. This should be resolved in the next update. As soon as it's out on the App Store, I'll be sure to let you know.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Ofcourse you can assure you guys are still there, money keeps running to you. This is getting us nowhere, same answer...i bet the outcome will remain the same aswell.

yep, cancelled today. Man so tired of all the bugs. Thanks.

Same thing, unsubscribed today to try another streaming service because it's not possible that after months we still have the same problem, while other services offer full 320kb/s audio streaming. 

Hi David, First of all I'm glad that you have taken the time to reply and keep an eye on this thread. However, we are not interested in your quick 'fixes' or your temporary 'get arounds' for this issue, in true Steve Jobs philosophy it should 'just work'. This is an issue that is again, taking an astronomical amount of time to sort out. Don't tell your technical gentlemen to look into it, as quite clearly they are not very technical. From the surface this appears to be a simple bug, they need to go back through the code that enables the 320kbps streaming and trace it from there, they should be looking for exactly what triggers it to revert, somewhere in the code it is reverting for whatever reason (be it a safeguard or just poor coding), find that, change it, you have your solution. Don't believe me? I'll happily take on the burden and fix it myself given half an opportunity. Things just don't take this long to sort out and this is where I am baffled. It is almost like you don't have staff on hand to deal with bugs, in fact while I'm in this train of thought you may want to notify your developers and let them know the whole app is riddled with bugs and is incredibly clunky, do they actually use the app themselves? Even though you are bigger than the average app creator, don't be fooled into thinking you are above the app store rules and regulations because let me say right now, with enough complaints from your disgruntled users about the problems with your app (not to mention the cache issue that can potentially render a device unusable), the app will literally be wiped from the face of the earth and you will lose a whole stream of income, yes you may not give 2 monkeys about what I am saying but I promise unless you sort these issues with a matter of urgency, apple are going to start to become wary of an app that is preventing users from purchasing and downloading new apps from their store because of a simple cache clearing issue. Keep it in mind spotify.

Still no Spotify iPhone app fix... how are they gonna make an iPad app if they can't fix a 3-4 month old bug?!?!?!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

David, any new about Windows Phone app?

Ask a Windows Phone developer to help Spotify?

I think I speak for everyone when I say spotify needs to fix the issues with the current apps before going out and trying to conquer more platforms.

Must say like many others I am miffed at the delay in fixing this bug but I won't cancel my subscription. Having my wages taxed to death and my pension fall down the toilet kinda out ways the enjoyment I get from Spotify premium at the cost of about 3 pints of lager for a full month of unlimited music.

Things that Spotify have done whilst being content to leave this product broken:

Spotify Play Button

Boxee update

Played about and got a new Facebook timeline

Launched in Germany

Added gapless playback and crossfade

Anyone else thing that - in the main - someone has their priorities wrong? Over 3 months now since a broken app was released. Still, at least I'm not on Ice Cream Sandwich as they've managed to pretty much destroy that version. 

Instead of looking to add more platforms and update ones that nobody uses why not just concentrate on getting the ones you DO have working as advertised?

I'm sorry Spotify, but I agree that it's extremely poor to release a feature, and then just sit there as if nothing's wrong.  Why not release an update that removes the Extreme sync feature if you've really messed it up that bad?

When stuff like this happens, it makes me wonder why Apple say that apps have to be "approved" for release onto the App Store?

I never thought I'd do it myself, but I have started searching for alternatives. Sorry Spotify, but it's going to be -1 here soon too.

I am starting to lose my patience with all the bugs too - not just with the mobile apps.  I'm sure they are working on them, but as customers it defintely gets annoying to keep seeing more and more announcements that aren't fixing the issues at hand.

If I was an Android user I probably would have just cancelled by now, but I am sticking with it for a little longer...

Why don't Spotify write current status in their undergoing projects so we at least know WHAT they are doing? They only update their blog when they're already done.

I think it would be nice to see a nice interface with listing on their current developing projects, like this:

Projects:

New Facebook interface:

Started on 2012-03-13.

Prel. deadline: 2012-05-29

Project log:

2012-03-15: We have started project design.

2012-03-26: We have started looking into the main coding

Comments:

Bla bla bla..

Bug: Extreme reverts to HQ

Reported on:

And so on. It would be nice! But maybe you don't want people to see what you're up tp?

The iOS-update is in the App Store!

Holy schiznitz Batman! He's right! Somebody been resurrected?

Hopefully, someone becomes interested updating Windows Mobile version of the Spotify. Should I pray to Jesus?

Jesus Christus, I hope that the 320 kbps mode would arrive to Spotify. Amen.

Someone, help us.

Just go an app update that supposedly fixes this!

Finally!

OK - the update seems to make the setting stick on Extreme. 

But there may still be a problem. if I change from High Quality to Extreme, I get a popup asking me if I want to resync my tracks in extreme. 

If I say yes to this - the popup goes away, but nothing (seems to) happen. Ie i don't see any resyncing happening. Is it resyncing them in the background or something?

Or is it still broken?

Thanks

S. 

App behavior might be slightly different for everyone. I wanted to start fresh so I deleted and re-installed the app. 

I suggest deleting the app from your device and re-installing. After re-installing you should go to settings and set everything for extreme. From there chose the playlists you want to sync offline.  That should do it. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts