Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extremely high data usage...

Extremely high data usage...

Hello, 

I've been using Spotify on my iPhone 5 for about two years now with no problems whatsoever. The last two months the data usage has been completely nuts from Spotify and I've hit the roof on my data plan which has never happened before (3 gig). I've listened to Spotify for about three hours now in April (4th of April as I write this) and the app has used 600 mb(!). I have streming quality on normal (96 kbit/s), the version is 2.7.0.1943 and I've tried reinstalling the app. This is a new problem so I will assume it's a bug. Anyone else who has experienced similar problems and know what to do? I'm afraid I won't be able to use Spotify until this is fixed. 

5 Replies

Update!

I resetted the data meter in my iPhone to get some more exact numbers, and Spotify used 69MB data when I listened to 5 songs. This seems to be extremely high. I've got 30 minutes to work which equals about 10 songs, that's 138MB one way trip or 278MB per day... Anyone who knows anything about it? 

I am having the same issues and my data usage is very close to what you are claiming as well. I have a iPhone 6 with the latest OS. Can anyone please help us with this issue before I waste hours of my time at a Verizon store?

Hey guys!

Just to clarify, is this happening regardless of whether you're listening to music over Wi-Fi or 3G/4G?

Yes, but it is also using cellular data while connected to wifi. I've wathced my data usage creep up since this morning and I haven't even opened spotify. I dont know how this is even possible.

Still no solution or explanation?

I have a family account with 2 iPhone 6s and one iPhone 5S. One of the 6's consumes data from Spotify all day long even while connected to Wifi. The music quality is set to NORMAL and my wife listens to spotify for 1 hour daily while at the gym (no Wifi).

Spotify has on average consumed 250 MB of data a day and I cannot figure out why this is from all the settings I've checked on Apple and Spotify's side. 

Suggested posts