Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook application decreses Spotify volume on iPhone 6

Facebook application decreses Spotify volume on iPhone 6

After I got the new iPhone 6 the Facebook app decreses Spotifys volume, It happens when I use the Facebook app and when it lays in the background. I have to kill the app, and the sound goes up again. This is very annoying, does anyone have a solution or a fix for the problem?

I've tried to delete both apps, and reinstall them - but the problem is still there. 

9 Replies

I think this is a problem with the Facebook app since last update but I will make sure a Mod sees this problem so they can solve it. By the way do you have the latest iOS update for the Spotify app?

Hope to hear from you soon!

I am also having this problem when using Bluetooth and wired headphones. I'm running iOS 8.4.1 and Spotify 3.8.0.1169

I am having the same issue running iOS 9.0.2, Facebook version 40.0 and Spotify 4.0.0. Just having issues using Bluetooth, using headphones works fine for me

Still not fixed

I had the exact same problem until I simply turnt my phone on silent. Seems to fixed the volume decrease when going onto the Facebook app 👍🏻

I try this today. it worked!!! Thank Ryan!

I'm not having this issue with Spotify anymore ! Hooray ! Thanks magic tech fairies..

I ran into similar problems today but it's not on my phone but my PC.

I tried to use facebook to video talk earlier. Then when I used both Facebook and Spotify together, the volume decreased randomely. It's pretty annoying that I have to close Facebook from my Firefox browser.

This has actually nothing to do with spotify but with the autoplay of video's in facebook. If you turn the autoplay off in facebook it solves this issue. Settings -> video -> autoplay off

You have to do this on every device as the settings don't cary over.

On a computer you can solve this issue differently.

Turn off the exclusive mode in your sound device properties see attachment

soundprop.jpg

Suggested posts