Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook connection issues - I've tried every suggestion!

Facebook connection issues - I've tried every suggestion!

I have a tricky one - I downloaded the Spotify app on my iPad and iPhone and made myself an account using my email address (not via facebook). Made some playlists etc. and all good. A friend comes round and uses my iPad to log on to her Facebook account through the iOS app. Today, after I've logged back into my account on the iOS app (my login details are also stored in iOS Settings), I decide to connect Spotify to my Facebook.

It's now showing all of her friends' activity. Not mine. Here's what I've tried:

- Downloaded the Spotify client on PC, used Preferences to Disconnect from Facebook and reconnect to mine (logging in to my account to do so)
- Deleted both Spotify and Facebook iOS apps from iPhone and iPad (and account details in iOS Settings), reinstalled and re-logged in
- Tried connecting to Facebook through the iOS Spotify apps - complete waste of time, just returns me Spotify and does nothing
- Removed app permissions for Spotify from my Facebook account and re-connected

Every single one of these attempts, including combinations in different orders, has been unsuccessful in connecting to my own Facebook account. It is still showing me my friends'. I have about half the hair I had this morning.

I really hope someone has a solution to this!

Thanks,
Zulu
1 Reply

It may take awhile for it to disconnect (24 hours I believe.) Take a look at this thread. If all else fails, or you want to have Spotify assist you, feel free to contact them through this form. 🙂 Hope it works!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Suggested posts