Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family subscription - Wifes phone changes my music

Family subscription - Wifes phone changes my music

If I am playing my spotify account and my wife then plays her on her phone it cuts mine off or switches to my phone listening to her account.  I have the family subscription and we are both registered individually.  How can I make it that we can all play our music on our phones and not interfere with eachother?  Thanks  

Plan

Family

Country

US

Device

(iPhone X

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey there @BentlyDog

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

What you describe usually happens when two users are logged in to the same Spotify account. This is why your music stops when the other user starts listening. 

In such case both users need to log out from Spotify, each on their own individual device. Then you should log back in, making sure you enter the correct login credentials for your account. You can tell which account you’re logged in by looking at your Spotify username (which you'll find here in your Account page under Profile).

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Can you please suggest another solution as this is 100% not the issue. We are both logged into our own Spotify accounts in the app on our phones but my son can change the songs I am listening to. There has to be a setting to disable this but I have not found anything to disable this yet. 

Hey @Jmdjdueh,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Just to make sure it is not the case, could you and your son Sign out everywhere from the Account overview page? Once done, both of you will need to log in from your devices. If that doesn't help, let us know if this happens all the time or only when you're casting to a speaker or external device. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts