Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Favourite artists disappeared

Favourite artists disappeared

LS,

For a while now my favourite artists keep disappearing. I have/had a very long list there and often when I use the app on my mobile there just aren't any there. Sometimes the list is back, only to be gone when I check back later. It's very annoying, since I don't only use the list as a shortcut to my favourite artists, but also add newly discovered artists I intend to check out later. This way I'm forced to keep a list elsewhere to remember those names. And isn't the idea of an app like Spotify to be the one single place to manage all (in thise case) music content? I sincerely hope this can be fixed, as in my opinion it's a very basic feature of a music app to be able to list user's favourite content.

I'm in the EU and use Spotify Premium on an iPhone 7, and haven't checked the app on my Macbook Pro for a long time, since the app for that device never seems to work and it's a total drag. I update the app whenever an update comes available. Also, I tried to find a recent topic on this, but there only seem to be old entries.

Thanks, best,

nove-

3 Replies

Hey there @novemromanova

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind letting us know if you see the songs greyed out or if the artists are completely gone?

A screenshot or a screen recording where we can take a better look at the issue would be helpful too. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, Novy,

When I open Spotify, my favourite artists have disappeared. If the list returns at all, it takes quite some time (more than ten, fifteen minutes or even longer). Sometimes it doesn't load at all. Please find a screen shot attached.

Thank you kindly for your time.

Best,

Nove

IMG_6064.PNG

Hey @novemromanova,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if the list appears properly on another device or in or web player?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts