Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Sounds not working anymore

Feedback Sounds not working anymore

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

iphone12

Operating System

ios14.4

My Question or Issue

hi there since switching from earpods to wireless airpods the feedback sounds when i play/pause and skipping tracks are not working anymore? is this intended? i really would like this to work again!

6 Replies

I would first try reinstalling Spotify. You can do that here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

I would also go to settings and make sure that your storage isn't causing the problem, sometimes Spotify can kick you out or not allow music to play if your storage doesn't have any space. If the problem persists, then contact Spotify to work on this issue. Happy listening!

reinstalled already did not change anything. storage seems fine so far!

Hey there @petershaw

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We understand you've already tried reinstalling, but we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you give us a bit more info about these feedback sounds? Were you able to hear this every time? Was it only with your AirPods?

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Novy wrote:

If this doesn't do the trick, could you give us a bit more info about these feedback sounds? Were you able to hear this every time? Was it only with your AirPods?

Keep us posted.

so what bothers me a little is that it seems that these sounds are only played if you have wired headphones connected to your phone (like earpods) and no one at spotify until now can confirm if they are just intended for wired headphones or this is a bug or something.

i've heard them everytime as soon as i controled spotify with the remote of my earpod headphones. since i have airpods the setting does nothing. 

i am talking about this setting: "Play Feedback Sounds"

Hi again @petershaw

Thanks for this info and for taking the time to report this to us. 

Since we're unable to reproduce this issue on our end and we haven't received any other reports about this, we won't be able to investigate this further.

Apologies for the inconvenience. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I actually have the exact same problem as Peter. The feedback sounds work on my EarPods but not my AirPods. 

Suggested posts