Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Fixed] Artist's Full Album List Not Displaying on Discography Page

[Fixed] Artist's Full Album List Not Displaying on Discography Page

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 12.1.2)

My Question or Issue

Update: The latest update of the app (Ver. 8.4.94.812) has fixed this issue

On the iOS app, after updating to 8.4.88.280, the new layout does not allow me to view all the albums for the artist I'm looking at if the list is too long.  It stops short and lists Singles instead.  The artist in question is Falcom Sound Team jdk and 96 albums are missing from the list.  The music from the missing albums is still in my saved playlists and I can individually search up and play the albums fine. The only issue is being unable to access all the albums directly from the artist's discography page.

This problem does not exist on my account when using the Windows Desktop app either.  Reinstalling the app did not fix the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies

I am having the same exact problem. It almost feels like there isn’t enough space in the discography section for so many albums. A bunch of the earliest albums for artists like David Bowie and Grateful Dead are missing from their discography but they appear when I search for them. This is all on my IPhone after the newest update. 

Please Help! 

Same for me. With the new update I can't see all albums of some artists anymore. Concretely I'm talking about "Drei Fragezeichen", which is a german audio drama that has nearly 200 episodes. In the new "See Discography" view I am only able to scroll down to the 105th episode. It is not possible to get further down from 104 back to episode 1.

This is pretty annoying because if you don't know the exact title of an episode you can't just scroll down and let yourself get inspired by all the other episodes.

Please fix this in upcoming updates!

I have the same issue while using the web app.  A majority of Frank Zappa's albums do not appear under albums, even after clicking "show more", including popular albums like Apostrophe, Joe's Garage, Hot Rats, etc. that can all be found by searching for them directly.  The songs from those albums are listed under "Popular", so they are clearly on the service.

I have the same issue finding the studio albums by Hot Tuna, only recent live recordings show up.  

Clearly the service doesn't know how to handle artists with large number of albums.  It amazes me how spotify continues to take away features and break stuff that worked just fine before.  

Suggested posts