Followed Artists doesn’t show liked songs, but instead redirects to Artist Page

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

iPhone XS Max

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Before when selecting an artist from the Artist tab under Library, you would be shown a list of songs you had previously liked. Now, whenever clicking on an artist you are redirected to their artist page.

No, I do not want to manually search through an entire anthology of songs (what if I wanted to play my selection of liked songs from The Beatles? Am I know required to make a specific playlist of their music I’ve liked?). No, this doesn’t enhance functionality. Yes, this is a major hindrance.

When listening in offline mode it also still tries to load the Artist Page and then give you an option to listen to the selection of songs you have downloaded from a certain artist. Yet, when listening online the selection is nowhere to be found.

If these issues and unnecessary/debilitating UI changes continue to occur I will be switching to Apple Music or Google Play Music.

You need to fire whoever is in charge of these decisions because your platform is losing functionality.

✌🏼

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @r_thompson, @Deutsch89 and @thousandivan

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you can't see your liked songs sorted by artist under the Artists tab you might be experiencing an issue we're currently investigating. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. Keep in mind the more votes and info we gather from our users, the closer we'll get to finding the solution.   

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.   

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Same here it’s a pain in the **bleep** for sure

This new update not showing my previously liked songs from the artist I follow section defeats the purpose. It makes digging from music artist by artist way too difficult to keep track.

Spotify go back to the last update! And also put the alphabet back so we can scroll through artists easier as well.

We'll love you for it!

Marked as solution

Hey there @r_thompson, @Deutsch89 and @thousandivan

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you can't see your liked songs sorted by artist under the Artists tab you might be experiencing an issue we're currently investigating. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. Keep in mind the more votes and info we gather from our users, the closer we'll get to finding the solution.   

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.   

Suggested posts