Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

Why do I have to repeatedly keep following many artists I’ve already followed. I suspected it a long time ago, but just confirmed it when I go to ‘Your Library ‘ then to ‘Artists’. The list shows your artists, and also the option to follow that artist if you’re not following them. I’ve gone through the entire list three times, following every single one. Then later on when I come back to the app there’s another long list of artists unfollowed. I followed a certain artist, closed the app and reopened it, and that same artist was unfollowed. Am I the only one this happens to?

7 Replies

I have a similar issue. Artists that I have followed in the past showing up as not following. When I go to the artist's page in the desktop app it shows I am following them but in the mobile app it shows I am not following them.

I contacted support and they said this is a known bug that is being looked into. Hopefully they will fix it soon so that way the following button shows the correct status.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda

Is there any limit on the artists that I can follow? Or the number of artists that I can follow is unlimited?

@03-ckyvl_ivh5 

I don't think there is a limit to following artists. If there is I haven't heard about one.

I follow around 1,600 artists

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda

ok, tanks MattSuda

Spoke to support on Twitter. All they could say was "That's weird indeed" and tell me they passed my message along to the right people and to wait until they figure something out...

Nice

Hey there @Ovaz1088 and @willowshade,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

As @MattSuda mentions, our tech teams are aware and looking into this, thanks for bearing with us. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

If you are currently following less than 1000 artists when this happens, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your devices by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

However, if you're following more than 1000 artists, we'd suggest unfollowing some of the artists in the meanwhile.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey there @03-ckyvl_ivh5,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

As @MattSuda mentions there isn't currently a limit on how many Artists you can follow. However, we'd recommend having around 1000.

If you're following less than 1000 artists and you're experiencing the issue described above, we'd suggest logging out and back in your account or performing a clean reinstall of the app on your device. There's steps on how to do this in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts