Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free premium account through KPN is gone?

Free premium account through KPN is gone?

I have free spotify premium through a contract I have with KPN, Netherlands. However, yesterday when I logged in on spotify it appeared that it has been switched to the free version. I called KPN and they said that premium is still the active version I have, so I should contact spotify. 

Can somebody help me on this?

7 Replies

Hey 🙂 

If they say your account is still active, then it is most likely you have accidentally created and signed into a new duplicate account which is on the free plan. Try the instructions posted here to see if you can get back into your premium account.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey I just opened the spotify app on my laptop, and it said on top" your spotify premium has expired at one of our partners" - in dutch ofcourse. 

Im gonna try your suggestion right now, thank you.

I just tried your suggestion, and it did not work.. Nothing happens when I perform those steps 😞

It does sound like your subscription has expired if you get that message. It could be a temporary error due to the ongoing website issues, I would suggest you try again later. What is your subscription status on your online overview?

Peter

Peter

It says its the free version, but the KPN guy who I talked to said that he saw on his screen that I am subscripted to the full version 

I am not sure how the partner system works, but it is possible something has gone wrong due to the website issues I linked to above.

I would give it a day to sort itself out, otherwise you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this. However, normally with partner subscriptions, it needs to be dealt with by the partner since Spotify won't have access to your payment details. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Yes, I used the contact form just a while ago to contact them so I guess it will be resolved soon. 

Thank you for the help 🙂

Suggested posts