Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Freezes about 1min 30 on every track

Freezes about 1min 30 on every track

Using the app on my iPhone and never had any issues until now. Every track stops playing about 1min 30 into the song. Is there an issue at the moment? Can anyone from spotify give me clarification on this and if so when do they expect the issue to be resolved?
6 Replies

Hey!

Just been playing around on the iOS app and it seems to work fine at the moment. I'd recommend a clean installation on your phone first of all.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I just did a clean installation but the problem's still there

Hey!

Another thing you could try is turning off both the Gapless Playback and Crossfade functions - this might stop it from freezing up. Also, you could try streaming at a different quality.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Cheers! I did everything all over again and it seems to work now.

David, I tried your suggestions about removing gapless playback and crossfade, and did a complete reinstall, and still the problem persists--ever since the update from the end of June. I am on an iPhone 4 OS 3.0.04. I just updated to the most recent version of Spotify (0.5.3) hoping that would fix the bugs, but no. My iPad 2, my wife's iPhone 4S both work like a charm still--just my phone. It's occuring on starred tracks and from playlists, even w/ a full signal. Also, I'm streaming at Normal quality...nothing fancy. I have Offline Mode 'Off'. 

Any other suggestions, please?

Ok--I received a reply from customer support and my iOS on my iPhone apparently was out of date (even though, it didn't show up for me). Oh well...it's working great again!

Suggested posts