Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gapless Playback is not quite

Solved!

Gapless Playback is not quite

I'm not a gapless playback freak, but I decided to give it a try by listening to a mixtape I occasionally listen to. The gap is much shorter, but it is still there.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think it's the album. I have a lot of albums where Gapless playback works excellent. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey,

Did this music involve local files at all? If so, Gapless Playback hasn't been implemented on local files just yet. I'm sure it's being looked at though.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

No, it wasn't a local song, but then again, it could be the mixtape itself. I don't have any continuous music, so I don't have anything else to test it on. It's Bird Money by Gucci Mane.

Marked as solution

I think it's the album. I have a lot of albums where Gapless playback works excellent. 

Gapless Playback works great for actual albums, but it doesn't work for playlists that I create.  I really wish it would.  There seems to be something intentionally coded to prevent that.  Songs on a playlist that play in the same sequence as their album don't have gaps.  

If gapless playback could be enabled for playlists, or if you could set cross-fade times for individual tracks somehow, it would improve the "mixtape" use of spotify immensely.  

Nothing I play now is gapless, even though I have the gapless playback option checked and I even have crossfade tracks on. I play a lot of albums with music continuous through track breaks [Wagner Operas, for instance, but think Abbey Road side 2 also] and there are always brief gaps in the music when tracks change. This used not to be the case. Is there something wrong with the current version of Spotify? [I subscribe to Spotify Premium]

Which app is this on @TheCrat ?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thumbs up. This is somewhat solved. But there's still an issue with gapless playback when playing back through the playlists.

Jeremy.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Someone asked what app I use.

I use Spotify Premium on my Mac Tower.

Spotify Premium on my Mac Tower

@TheCrat - That is unfortunately a known bug:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Desktop-Gapless-Playback-and-Crossfade-Broken/td-p/653360

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts