Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

IOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

For some reason, I figured out the gapless playback option while scrolling through an official playlist from "Power Gaming". During a song I switched to the next to have the song fade into it, and I thought it was really cool. I went on to try this to my playlist, and it didn't work, it was like an instant switch as usual. So I figured, maybe it's just my playlist, I had the playlist downloaded so I tried another one that didn't belong to me. Turns out it didn't either. I'd love to have this available for personal uses, if anyone has some sort of fix

1 Reply

Hi @MiraiKuriyama, thanks for writing!

Yes, there are some playlists (mostly in the Electronic/Dance/Hip-Hop genres) that are curated in a way that the sequence of the songs reproduce in a DJ set style, with beatmatching. This way the transition between songs is always smooth and synched.

It would be great to have this feature in our own playlists, but the thing is not every song goes along well with any song. The sequence must follow some parameters like key and beats per minute so that it works well. 

I actually don't know if this is the reason we can't use this feature by that's my guess.

Anyway you can suggest this idea here. If it gets enough votes, it might be implemented 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts