Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Glitch / song jump with CarPlay

Glitch / song jump with CarPlay

Since quite recently, I am experiencing a very annoying issue when playing music in CarPlay:

Spotify automatically jumps a few seconds (which range from 1-2 to sometimes half the track) forward in the currently playing song eEverytime Spotify is switched to, which means:

* When switching from one application to Spotify (either from CarPlay or from the iPhone itself)

* When unlocking the iPhone with Spotify opened as the foreground app

This happens everytime one of the actions above are done, which means it is very frequent when you simply switch from one app back to Spotify for example.

The glith is caused by the playback jumping a few seconds forward, which is confirmed by simply looking at the playback timer on the CarPlay interface while unlocking the iPhone, for example.

On a side note, such a jump is also observed when simply switching to the next track: one out of ten times, the playback starts somewhere in the middle of the song.

Spotify version is 8.5.7.601

iOS version is 12.2

iPhone is an iPhone 6S

Car is a 2019 Audi A4

5 Replies

I’m sorry I’m not much help here, but I joined the forum just to post that I’m having this same exact issue. Have you figured out any kind of workaround? I found that if you uninstall the app and reinstall, it’s better for a few songs, then goes right back to how it was. 

Hopefully someone else has found a solution to this!

I'm afraid I have not found any workaround.

I started having this issue as well and it seems to have started with the most recent update. Spotify, please fix and have better quality control when you release updates! This is not the first time you have pushed jackedup updates. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this issue in the Community.

It's possible that this is part of a wider CarPlay issue which we are currently investigating. Make sure to head over to the relevant thread here to get the latest updates on our progress - we'll make sure to keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any news.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this issue in the Community.

It's possible that this is part of a wider CarPlay issue which we are currently investigating. Make sure to head over to the relevant thread here to get the latest updates on our progress - we'll make sure to keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any news.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Suggested posts